Mar 15, 2018
Michigan
First Name
Andy
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Hey guys, new to the site, if I'm doing something wrong just yell at me ;)

Me and a buddy picked up this basket case 1957 CJ5 in early February, came with a complete motor, original motor that I'd all torn apart and needs rebuilt, and lots of parts for $700. 1k more in parts later we have the complete non original f134 installed with new clutch, hooked up 12v to a few thing and some gogo juice down the carb and ran it for about 5 seconds.

So now that I know a bit better what I'm dealing with here, I've got a few questions

1. Could someone post a few pictures of how the oil lines are run on the motor? Right now I got one line I made hooked up where "I think" it goes and the other are pinched off.

2. Also maybe some fuel pedal to carb linkage? Trying to figure out what all I'm missing there.

3. Again, does someone have pictures of how the generator Mounts? Think I'm missing brackets, I can Fab some up if I can get the general idea of how it's mounted.

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. I work on lots of cars and tractors, just never messed with one of these before, so not sure exactly how it's supposed to go together. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to post pictures soon.

Thanks in advance!

Andy
I have been very busy pushing snow and fixing plow trucks. I'll snap a few pics for you this aft if it stops raining. I have the gen brackets if you need.
diggerG

I think I got most everything figured out, but would still appreciate the pics just to make sure I'm not doing anything totally wrong. Appreciate it!

IMG_20180323_190549969.jpg IMG_20180323_190600884.jpg IMG_20180323_190600884.jpgIMG_20180324_134319845.jpgIMG_20180324_134319845.jpg

Here's an attempt at some pictures of what I've got, and what we started with

IMG_20180219_133659279.jpgIMG_20180219_133659279.jpg

Andy
It looks like you got it at least at the top of the engine. you must have the bottom bell crank parts on correct. There is an oil line next to the carb linkage that oils the rocker arm from a fitting at the top of the head in back. It comes off the block bottom near the back. Same side in front is the oil plug that feeds the oil filter. The bottom of the oil filter drains into the timing cover. Here are a coulle of pics of the gen bracket. This gen is 12v but mounts the same.
diggerG

Attachments

• MVC-084S.JPG
    MVC-084S.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 13
  • MVC-085S.JPG
    MVC-085S.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 12
Awesome thank you! So I've got set up filter feed line from under fuel pump to filter, filter drain to timing cover, and ran a line from back of block to back of head.

There's a port about middle of the block down low under the manifold that was open, so I plugged it. Assuming that's okay to just plug it?

Cranked it over with lines cracked and have pressure to filter and head.

Back