Looking to rebuild 48 CJ2A Willys Jeep,

Welcome from Colorado, Suzy. I don't have a CJ cause I don't fit in them (and I really like the CJ-3B)! I do have a 63 Willys Wagon with a SBC 283 V-8 with a Stock Drive Line, and a Heavily Modified 57 Willys Pickup with a Fuel Injected 350 V-8. I do know that the Buick V-6 is VERY Popular to put in CJs (and lots of other Vehicles). There are also MANY V-8s in CJs from Small Blocks to Big Blocks V-8s. So do a little Research on the Internet about What Upgraded Motors work well in Jeep CJs. I'm sure that there are some V-8 CJs on this Forum and hopefully they will jump in here and give you some really good info about this! Post some pictures of your CJ-2A when you get a chance. John (aka: Pivnic)

Welcome from South Carolina Suzy. I put a V6 buick in my 59 pickup and I have a CJ2a with the L134 4cyl. I have some clearance problems with the front drive shaft that I haven't resolved yet. I know some on this forum have done the V6 CJ2a conversion and maybe they will give you some help. Novak Adapters has an excellent web site with very good info on doing a variety of engine swaps and the Adapters you will need to complete them.:)

Welcome to the forum Suzy.

You might post your question in the general CJ section, where it is more likely to be seen and answered.

Pete

Back