Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
A friend of mine in ARIZONA has a title problem. His friend died, with not so much proper titles on vehicles motorcycles and boats. All have vin#s. How big a problem is this in that state? So far no titles or bills of sales found. No money owed. And no will either. nothing stolen, that's the plus. I know nothing about that state. I was asked my advice, ideas, etc. What advice do members with experience with Arizona have to say? Thanks
diggerG

I am California so this may not apply to Az. I bought a truck years back with no title. I was promised it had been off the road for a long time. I filed for a lein title by claiming it had been abandoned on my property. It required VIN inspection and the DMV search showed no liens nor current registered owners. I paid a fee to an peace officer that did the physical VIN inspections on the side. It took a few trips to the DMV, but it did not cost much and I ended up with title.

Best of luck,

Duane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I spoke with my friends who have done the inspection part of this process. The delay for notification of the previous owners takes a couple of months, the bond is based on value so it will be cheap for old cars, the inspection goes a lot better if there is an authentic VIN attached to the car.

Matt B

I purchased a 66 Chevy truck in Texas from the owner that lost the title . So I had to do a bonded title . That’s kinda like a insurance policy . But Texas says in 3 yrs if anyone comes up and says that’s my truck then I would either A surrender the truck and get my bond money back and be screwed on the original purchase price Or B keep the truck and the bond will pay them the value of the truck . Texas valued a running and driving decent shape 66 Long wide bed at 6K $ !! Now if that’s the case I need to be selling old trucks . Lol

Kevin
There has been some good news here. The will has been found, everything goes to the 'sort of" wife. A few vehicles have been put up for sale. I'm guessing that they were ones where the titles were in order. I will check with the family friend to get a current up date. They are in the Lake Havasu area. I may be talking with you later. Thanks
Greg

Kevin
There has been some good news here. The will has been found, everything goes to the 'sort of" wife. A few vehicles have been put up for sale. I'm guessing that they were ones where the titles were in order. I will check with the family friend to get a current up date. They are in the Lake Havasu area. I may be talking with you later. Thanks
Greg

Greg, ok let me know if I can help or try and answer questions.

Back