Where do you guys get your 7.50 - 16 tires?

CJ Steak

Bigger Hammer
Oct 5, 2009
Hutto, TX - Near Austin
Willys Model
Willys Year:
The front tires on my truck are beyond bald. They're a 1970's set of Maloya's off a Swiss fighting vehicle. They were a Craigslist 50 bucks for the set type deal. How they got here from a Swiss fighting vehicle, I'll never know, but they've been great tires and are not available in the U.S.

Aside from NDT's, there are almost no options out there for me. What I'm wanting is a Farm Tread/Mud Grip 7.50 - 16 Bias Ply. Like the ones you used to see on every farm truck from the 50's-70's. I don't want to run radials on this truck, because they're not the look I'm going after. I like those tall skinny mud tires. :) The cheaper the better. The only tires I've found were online, and super expensive. They were almost 200 bucks a piece each with shipping. 800 bucks for poor performing bias ply tires? I don't think so.

If you guys could come up with a couple sources, or maybe share how much was spent for the set, that would be awesome, and would really help me out

-Chris

Edit: While this wasn't intended to be a wanted ad, I don't have to have NEW tires... so if anyone has a good used set with plenty of tread let me know. :cool:

Chris,
Mine are Power King Bias Ply (6 ply I think) and to tell you the truth, I can't remember if they're 7.50 or 7.00. I'll have to remember to look. any how, I got em' from a tire store that just had em' in the back. I was ready to buy spendy tires and he mentioned these. Brand new and only $50 each. I said hell yeh. They don't balance worth &%^#, and I had to pay another $100 to have em' shaved. That helped a little, but still not great on the open highway. Good in the dirt though. :)
Steve

Chris, I found Bluestar Tire in Antioch, CA. makes a good looking bias traction tire. Are you looking for bias tires or radials. Bias has that original look, but radials give better ride, traction, wear, and less road noise(Usually). I am restoring a 60 2WD wagon and am putting on wide whites, but went to radials because I want to enjoy driving it. You might try Coker Tire, They make a great O.E. looking tire.

Back