Feb 18, 2018
Northern Michigan
First Name
Larry
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
I am not really new to jeeps, my first one was a 47 2A, which was only 24 years old when I bought it at 14 years old. Been a lot in my drive since then, but not in a long time. Spent a few years racing off road, lots of hot rods, but I am older now and want to build a wagon or delivery just for playing around in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

I had a 240 Volvo set up with rally suspension and a SBF that I used but got talked out of it, so its time for something old with some character. Decided to go full circle and get another Willys. This will probably be my last project as I am getting old, but want something to play with. I am a cabinetmaker so the idea of a panel is appealing.

I'm just looking around now, but want something that is pretty solid. Motor is not a big deal, in fact I have a 260 Mercury motor in the garage with a bell housing and clutch that will bolt up to a T90 if push comes to shove.

Anyway.... Looking forward to this project and the guidance that I can get from you guys.

Larry Edgerton

Welcome from the U.P. ! Always remember, the Iron Moths never sleep ! Lots of good people and resources here. Good luck with your hunt !

Welcome Larry. My first Willys was a Cj2 also. Kinda wish I still had it! Good luck with your search. The panel wagons are pretty cool. :cool:

Back