Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gaskets for Warn M2 hubs

First Name
    Winston
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greg....think you should! Jesse has done a lot of work to make this happen, and is definitely the man to do this. He machined the jig for the the outer gaskets that before this, weren't available. He also has all the other parts available for the hubs, including the C clips to the axles, needle bearings for the hubs. He said he can even machine the main body parts if needed. Here is his message to me, and he will have a cost later this week, so all can start buying rebuild kits from him.

Winston

Sure, you can post all that. I will have this available for those that want parts:

Axle shaft snap ring
    Inner gear snap ring
    Needle bearing for inner gear
    Paper gaskets (inner and outer will be identical even though the pilots are slightly different)
    Outer dial custom hand made buna o ring (I believe will also fit lock o matic and m1 dials, not sure)
    Inner buna o ring
    Grade 8 USA made bolts (will be either gold or silver zink plated)
    Working on the tab washers but will have something soon
    Possibly the center screw

All hard parts are 100% machineable, but would be pretty expensive. If there was demand I would entertain the idea of making them in the future...

IMG952018062595092649.jpg

2. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    Precision-Fit
    First Name
    Mickey
    Year
    1955 1958
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I get price, I'm ready.

4. Likes Winston liked this post
    First Name
    Thad
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this to the top. Ready to purchase when everything is set....
    2014 Silverado ext.cab Z71
    2011 JKU
    '61 Willys wagon: L6-226

First Name
    Winston
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buxman66 View Post
    Bumping this to the top. Ready to purchase when everything is set....
    Hey guys....know several of you are ready to buy some rebuild kits from Jesse. Know it's kind of dragged the last couple of week, but Jesse likes ro do things right, and has been out of town a couple of times the last several weeks ( holidays). All he had left to do, was get some high grade heat treated bolts for the hubs, and think he should have this week. So we should be able to have available this coming week. Will give him a shout, and let you guys know tomorrow. Though it's taken some time, these kits will be complete, and done right! All parts will be quality stuff, and we can rebuild hubs whenever we like. Get back to you tomorrow.

Winston

7. Likes buxman66, Duckbill59 liked this post
    First Name
    Winston
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the sets are available from Jesse at Torque king. He has them listed on his site for $38 a side. Not sure what all that includes? He will have pictures and more description up also. Think Mickey has already purchased some seals from him. He has everything for a complete build, including paper gaskets, all inner bearings, and seals. Think we will be able to order individual parts, or a complete kit, which is what I think he has listed. I had him put new bearings in mine, new seals, and also also added the 2.5" heat treated bolts, as mine were worn out. Jesse has done a lot of work to make this happen, and have much respect for all the machining, and work he did to make this happen. Here are the sets listed on his website, which he said should have some good group photos of what it will contain soon.

Winston

Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-02-06.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-02-16.png
    Last edited by Winston; 07-12-2018 at 11:24 AM.

9. Likes buxman66 liked this post
    Precision-Fit
    First Name
    Mickey
    Year
    1955 1958
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I ordered 4 of the outer and 4 or the inner O rings. They have shipped and I'll post a followup once they arrive and I install them. Wimston, not sure about what you said on machining the O rings. When I talked to him, he said he took a standard, correct size O ring and manually cut a bevel in it. He said some came out better than others. Based on that, I decided to give it a try and will see how it comes out. Nothing to loose as the first 2 hubs I took apart, the O ring was toast.

First Name
    Winston
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like