Gaskets for Warn M2 hubs

Greg....think you should! Jesse has done a lot of work to make this happen, and is definitely the man to do this. He machined the jig for the the outer gaskets that before this, weren't available. He also has all the other parts available for the hubs, including the C clips to the axles, needle bearings for the hubs. He said he can even machine the main body parts if needed. Here is his message to me, and he will have a cost later this week, so all can start buying rebuild kits from him.

Winston

Sure, you can post all that. I will have this available for those that want parts:

Axle shaft snap ring
Inner gear snap ring
Needle bearing for inner gear
Paper gaskets (inner and outer will be identical even though the pilots are slightly different)
Outer dial custom hand made buna o ring (I believe will also fit lock o matic and m1 dials, not sure)
Inner buna o ring
Grade 8 USA made bolts (will be either gold or silver zink plated)
Working on the tab washers but will have something soon
Possibly the center screw

All hard parts are 100% machineable, but would be pretty expensive. If there was demand I would entertain the idea of making them in the future...

IMG952018062595092649.jpg

Bumping this to the top. Ready to purchase when everything is set....

Bumping this to the top. Ready to purchase when everything is set....

Hey guys....know several of you are ready to buy some rebuild kits from Jesse. Know it's kind of dragged the last couple of week, but Jesse likes ro do things right, and has been out of town a couple of times the last several weeks ( holidays). All he had left to do, was get some high grade heat treated bolts for the hubs, and think he should have this week. So we should be able to have available this coming week. Will give him a shout, and let you guys know tomorrow. Though it's taken some time, these kits will be complete, and done right! All parts will be quality stuff, and we can rebuild hubs whenever we like. Get back to you tomorrow.

Winston

Well, the sets are available from Jesse at Torque king. He has them listed on his site for $38 a side. Not sure what all that includes? He will have pictures and more description up also. Think Mickey has already purchased some seals from him. He has everything for a complete build, including paper gaskets, all inner bearings, and seals. Think we will be able to order individual parts, or a complete kit, which is what I think he has listed. I had him put new bearings in mine, new seals, and also also added the 2.5" heat treated bolts, as mine were worn out. Jesse has done a lot of work to make this happen, and have much respect for all the machining, and work he did to make this happen. Here are the sets listed on his website, which he said should have some good group photos of what it will contain soon.

Winston

Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-02-06.png
Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-02-16.png

Last edited:
Yes, I ordered 4 of the outer and 4 or the inner O rings. They have shipped and I'll post a followup once they arrive and I install them. Wimston, not sure about what you said on machining the O rings. When I talked to him, he said he took a standard, correct size O ring and manually cut a bevel in it. He said some came out better than others. Based on that, I decided to give it a try and will see how it comes out. Nothing to loose as the first 2 hubs I took apart, the O ring was toast.

Yes, I ordered 4 of the outer and 4 or the inner O rings. They have shipped and I'll post a followup once they arrive and I install them. Wimston, not sure about what you said on machining the O rings. When I talked to him, he said he took a standard, correct size O ring and manually cut a bevel in it. He said some came out better than others. Based on that, I decided to give it a try and will see how it comes out. Nothing to loose as the first 2 hubs I took apart, the O ring was toast.

Mickey.....Jesse machined a jig, for the O ring to fit on, so he could cut the correct angle on the seal. I post a picture of this earlier in the post, but am posting again. The way the seals work, there should be no issue with it fitting. Also, including the email Jesse sent to me earlier today. It explains all that is in the rebuild kit. I had Jesse also put new bearings in mine, as he has all these parts.

Winston

2018052795165718.jpg

The TK4036 service kit does 1 side and includes both inner and outer o-rings, both gaskets, both snap rings, and the inner gear support bearing. It should be good for both the M1 and M2 hubs and may also be correct for the Lock O Matic hubs.

ALL these parts are Made in USA. The 5/32 and T30 bit I offer will either be USA or German made. Hopefully EVERYTHING will be listed along with a parts breakdown by the end of the month.

Here are my finished hubs, with the new heat treated bolts. Will also post some pics once they are on. Will be ordering all bearings and seals for both front and rear axles, when I change out differential gears. Jesse keeps all bearings and seals for most axles in stock, and quite knowledgeable about all running gear.

Winston

Attachments

• IMG952018080395100604.jpg
    IMG952018080395100604.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 33
Those are nice looking bolts. I need to find a good thin-walled socket that won't bind against the adjacent aluminum wall. What do y'all use?

Those are nice looking bolts. I need to find a good thin-walled socket that won't bind against the adjacent aluminum wall. What do y'all use?

Walck's has the stainless crush washers on their site. Think their about $17 for 12 of them. Jesse at Torque King 4x4 has all the other parts to rebuild the hubs now.

Winston

I use a 3/8" drive 6 pt. socket, and if it binds a little then I would shave a little off the outer edge with a die grinder.
diggerG

I use a 3/8" drive 6 pt. socket, and if it binds a little then I would shave a little off the outer edge with a die grinder.
diggerG

Opps...helps if you read the question with your glasses on..haha. What Digger said...not sure of any other way or tool that is thin wall.

Winston

Been meaning to post this for a bit, but been tied up. Here are pics of my finished hubs. They are working as smooth as silk! The new seals seem to he working fine, and rotate very easily from lock to free. Jesse used a high end grease on all bearings, which is really good stuff. Jesse has all bearings for the hubs, including the roller style pins, that hold the hub in place. The new heat treated bolts, 3/8" x16 threads, are really nice, and look sharp. Will post some pics of them on the truck soon, and am really impressed with how smooth they are.

Winston

Attachments

• IMG952018080395100604.jpg
    IMG952018080395100604.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 22
I too have been meaning to post but was sidetracked with a Geo disc and dual master conversion on my CJ5. The new O ring for the dial did seem to go on smoothly. So I think we have a solution. Thanks to Winston for chasing the down and to Jessie for make them. I'll be ordering some more soon.

I too have been meaning to post but was sidetracked with a Geo disc and dual master conversion on my CJ5. The new O ring for the dial did seem to go on smoothly. So I think we have a solution. Thanks to Winston for chasing the down and to Jessie for make them. I'll be ordering some more soon.

Really glad to hear Mickey, and is my pleasure. So many have helped me here, and Continue to do so, that this is the least I can do. Hope all Jesse's hard work will provide us with parts to rebuild our hubs for uears to come.

Winston

I keep referring guys from other sites that are looking for these parts.
Mickey.....that is great, and sure Jesse will appreciate it. He did a lot of work to make this happen, and is good to help him recoup some of his cost. My hubs are going back on shortly, and will post some pics. Thank you Sir.

Winston

Finally back to getting all the sets of hubs cleaned and rebuilt. diggerG is right for n the O ring not being rubber. It is some sort of felt or something. I found that on 4 of the M2 hubs.

The o rings are not rubber either. they arer a felt type of ring. both knobs have the o rings sort of in 1 piece.

One of the set was not in very good condition. Looks like it had water in it. So I need some often he pins that the hub rides up and down. I tried to use the grinder wire wheel to attemp a polishing but some are pitted pretty bad. Any source for the pins?

One of the set was not in very good condition. Looks like it had water in it. So I need some often he pins that the hub rides up and down. I tried to use the grinder wire wheel to attemp a polishing but some are pitted pretty bad. Any source for the pins?
Contact Jesse, he can get them for you.

Winston

Back