First Name
    Mickey
    Year
    1955 1958
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindmelon View Post
    You are missing just the stud and spring assembly... Mine was missing the stamped part and safety latch you have in the photo.
    I had to fabricate a bracket to replicate it...I found a used spring/stud plunger in Ebay.. And I'd bet Digger has one he could sell
    ya..
    I know I'm missing the spring assembly. My question is how it attached. I'm assuming there should be a nut of some sort in that hole. The hood pic previously in this thread shows what looks to me as an after the factory weld job. Mine seems to have some factory indents and no evidence of welds. Hence looking for a pic.

First Name
    Larry
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeykelley View Post
    I know I'm missing the spring assembly. My question is how it attached. I'm assuming there should be a nut of some sort in that hole. The hood pic previously in this thread shows what looks to me as an after the factory weld job. Mine seems to have some factory indents and no evidence of welds. Hence looking for a pic.
    OK, got it...Everyone elses photos show a nut welded on the bracket...And that nut is what the plunger assy. screws into.. When I made my replica bracket,
    I made it with just a hole the same size as the plunger... I then used a nut on both sides of the plunger to fasten it to the bracket.. The hole in
    your bracket seems kinda large to use my method.. I think I'd remove the hood and with it upside down, I'd weld a heavy washer centered over
    the existing hole.. The washer would have an I.D. very close to that of the plunger..

Bye the way, are you also using outside hood hold downs? Just curious... I used them as backup. Driving in heavy desert winds the hood acts like
    it might fly open without them..

First Name
    adam
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like

hood

for what it's worth....
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes scramboleer, Gojeep liked this post
    Precision-Fit
    First Name
    Mickey
    Year
    1955 1958
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindmelon View Post
    Bye the way, are you also using outside hood hold downs? Just curious... I used them as backup. Driving in heavy desert winds the hood acts like
    it might fly open without them..
    Yes the PO had installed the outside hood latches typically found on the CJ's and I kind of like the look so I will be keeping them. Thanks for the washer idea.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    jim
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased a 61 truck with lots of little things missing like bench seat springs I noted in another thread! I too need that large spring # 12 or specifically willys # 661369 I also need the small spring for the top of the prop rod. Any one have those 2 springs? I was thinking of trying some old valve springs. Tkx Jim F

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Denver
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the hood latch parts you listed, Contact Harry at Mid West Willys, (765) 918-2734. Tell him Denver sent you. Or call The Jeepster Man, (732)458-3966.
    Out on the west coast is Willys America, (707) 632-5258; Gina can help you.
    Good Luck,
    Denver

8. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    jim
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll check those. I know Ratner, the jeepster man, forgot to ask them. 10 dealers so far zip.. tkx I'll ck tomorrow.

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim
    I've got those parts. PM me if you want.
    diggerG

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    jim
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like