Finding a wagon

Something is wrong.......to me......the rear axle appears to be too far forward.... .... possible reframe .....
might be something or nothing at all.......could be angle pic was taken at making me see somthing that is not there ...but anyhow...
look at the rear wheel well..... pay particular attention to the space tween the tire and the edge of wheel well .. as the front edge appears to be 1-2 inchs away from tire but the rear looks to have 5-6 inchs clearance behind the tire..??..i would think that it should have a couple inchs more clearance on the front edge and appear more centered in the wheel well ....be nice to see a good sharp broadside of wagon.. ..that would tell you what was going on for sure. .....i dunno,....just telling you what i see as a potential issue. .....dont want you to potentially buy this bag of smoke..!!

Larry

Jim I think you made a good decision. I feel the best vehicles to purchase are the ones which are owned for a number of years by the guy selling it.

The pictures looked familiar so I looked at some dealer pictures and found a sold truck that the discription and pictures were identical . The price on that wagon was almost 3 times what they are asking . If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Back on the hunt. Jim

I agree with Ipba18, and to add: speedo cables in Jeeps break often. Don't believe the mileage ever on a Jeep.
diggerG

I recieved a e-mail from the guy with his description see attached Hope it is clear enough for you to read. I have sent another e-mail with several questions Thank for the help Jim
Just the way that email is written, it sounds like a scam. That isn’t how normal people talk or write, and the “seller” clearly does not know what he is selling.

I am wondering why it is titled as a 69 unless it sits on a '69 chassis ?

Here in California it is the first-third of the Frame that dictates year of Title. _ _ _ well currently, and I am sure that in the past 5 decades that titles and frame numbers are all mixed up of sorts. The 350 sounds nice.
I am sure you have been watching the Arid-States cities on Craigslist for Wagons. I see sweet wagons on Craigslist.
And in California, there are lots of Willys owners, and shipping to Tenn. costs around $1,500 approx.
Below is two that I recently saved a photo of:

sweet 62 wagon [1].png

sweet 62 wagon [2].png

brown 52 [1a].png
happy Hunting !

Last edited:
The info & pictures looked exactly like a previous add from Worldwide Vintage Auto out of Denver,Colorado.I went to their website and looked under sold vehicles and there it was or the twin. The vehicle was supposed to be on the 69 frame. Then the post about the scam posted and sounds just like it. Jim

Back