Nov 12, 2015
Tenn.
First Name
Jim
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1956
I have been a member of this forum for a long while. I do not have a Willys yet,but had a wagon at one time . I have always had a old car of some kind Mustangs ,trucks ,cars and 2 VW Things. Wife and I cleaned out the herd a little over 2 years ago when we moved to Tennessee to be closer to Granddaughter. I have enjoyed reading the posts on the forum. I have looked on several websites for a wagon . I have found that the price of Willys Wagon are hard to figure out because of the wide value put on them by their owners. I have found some but when I contact the owners they never contact you back or they are out dated adds. I will continue to look for a wagon and read the great information on this forum. Sorry if I bored or made you mad , just venting a little. Jim

Hi Jim,

Yeah - the interwebs is tough for buyers and sellers. Have you tried ewillys.com? You might consider posting a "wanted" ad either here on the OWF forum and/or on ewillys.com. "Buyer beware" is the rule of the day, but if you find one from out-of-the-area, you might be able to find a local OWF member to look at it for you (at least initially).

Cheers!

EWillys is awesome. I belonged to the forum for close to two years before finding one. Found it locally on Craigslist but, at one time, it was listed for sale across the country on eWillys. I used Dave’s site to fact check the sellers comments and to help with negotiations, as I now knew what the seller purchased it for. Now it is in one million pieces in my garage and shed. You know, because I was just going to make it safe and run it all grungy looking. Now the bare frame is on my back porch awaiting the rebuilt axles, new springs, new everything else......Loving every minute of it!
David
ps. This forum is unbelievable. There is more information on anything Willy’s here than any other make-specific forum I’ve ever been a part of. If you can’t find the information here, I don’t think it exists.

Last edited:
Hey Jim

Maybe you could post what type of wagon your looking for - year , stock or modified , fixer upper or driver, how far you would travel ,what your price range is ect.. I know I'm always " looking " and I'm sure someone could keep an eye open for something that pops up close to you . Remember looking is half the fun . Good luck !

Thanks so much for the pms and info. I am sure eventually the right one will come along .

Hi Jim, I bought mine on willysforsale.com
Might be worth the time to check it out.
Good luck in your quest!

Thanks for the info I am checking several adds . Some of the same Willys come up on several sites when you try to contact them they never respond. I am leaning toward a stock look with late model Drive train so we can drive it on trips I am sure the right one will come along if it is ment for me to get one . Thanks everyone Jim

I know where there is one for sake right now . The motor is the inline 6 it’s 4 wd body is rough especially the roof but if you can do body work it could be fixed . Has all the seats and most of the glass is intact . The guy wants 2000$ for it . It’s in the town of Stanton Texas Just east of midland

Jim, Im with Dan above. We all want these to go to good homes and we all would love to help a fellow enthusiast find one that fits his desires. There are literally thousands of guys who peruse this site. If you could give us an idea of what you are looking for, Im sure you'd get some free help.

Thanks lbpa18, I plan on trying to find a wagon that is pretty much done with late model drive train and creature features Jim

Found mine on E bay and had to bid for it.

Price range? Are you willing to do rust repairs or do you need rust-free? Paint condition? Stock suspension? If we narrow it down we wont waste your time with pointless leads.

Sorry took a while to answer Wife and I went to the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Kentucky with our church , it was great. I am trying not to get in a hurry and not impulse buy.Hedgehog I am looking for something In that area near finished to finished. The right one will come along. Thanks to all the members for your help , that is what makes this forum so addictive. Happy motoring Jim

Found a wagon I am interested in ,but can't get all the info on it. If you can't read the print says 1969 Willys Wagoneer I asked several questions but have not heard back supposed to be in West Virginia. I thought the 69 wagoneer had a different body. If anyone can shed some light on what this is ,let me know . Thanks Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0187.PNG
    IMG_0187.PNG
    765.5 KB · Views: 53
Found a wagon I am interested in ,but can't get all the info on it. If you can't read the print says 1969 Willys Wagoneer I asked several questions but have not heard back supposed to be in West Virginia. I thought the 69 wagoneer had a different body. If anyone can shed some light on what this is ,let me know . Thanks Jim

Date is wrong. Last year of production for Willys Wagons and Trucks was supposedly 1964 with some paperwork changed to 1965. The FSJ Wagoneer and Gladiator started off in 1963. Entirely different beast.

I recieved a e-mail from the guy with his description see attached Hope it is clear enough for you to read. I have sent another e-mail with several questions Thank for the help Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0189.PNG
    IMG_0189.PNG
    338.7 KB · Views: 50
Cost quoted to purchase is on the high side of what the market probably is. If its original, it may be close. Check the paperwork closely as without correct paperwork its a paperweight. That "hockey-stick" trim was at the end of the run, as was the windshield and tailgate glass, so it may actually be a very late model and he may only be off five or six years. It would cost more than that to restore one to that condition and ones without rust and/or low miles are hens teeth rare. This is either near a Holy Grail vehicle or someone is trying to sell you a bridge. Look closely, and good luck. She's sure pretty.

Back