Cleveland-Toledo, Ohio
First Name
Ted
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1951
Hey Everyone,
Replaced the rear end of my wagon. I see that the wagon floor is elevated were the old pumpkin used to sit. This is going to inner fear with my intentions of laying a solid wood floor. I want to cut it out and replace it with a flat section. Does anybody that is working on a wagon floor have a decent piece that is weldable of ribbed flooring I can buy? Looking for something about 14"x14". If its not squared up, it no problem.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted
Next time I cut up a wagon I can do that for you, bad news is nothing on the plate right now.
diggerG

I have the inside panel from the bottom tailgate of a wagon that I had parted out. The ribbing looks to be the same as the floor. If anyone knows for sure I could cut you a piece of this.

There's an interesting question for yeah, it is sort of a side track, but related just the same. The hump is there to accommodate the differential housing. If the axle is traded out for a centered differential is it necessary to move the hump to the new housing location?

Good question. I am still using the same rear end, just replacing it with a rebuild. I’m not building a rock crawler or even have 4 wd. So I won’t have to worry about articulation on rear axle. I have a good 9.5” from the top of my pumpkin to the bottom of my floor. The ride height is a little higher than normal for a 2 wd. I just like the higher stance. The “pumpkin bump” won’t be needed in my case. Plenty of clearance.

Hey Doge. Yes, the tailgate pattern does fit the same as the floor. If you could cut a piece with at least 4 ribbies and at least 12” long, I can make that work. Let me know how much. Thank you, Ted

Here is what I have. There are some holes where there were welds. It is about 16" wide. If you can use it I will send it to you for the cost of shipping.

thumbnail.jpg

Back