John
    Year
    1957 1963
    Model
    Wagon Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    John,

The cut off date for registration for the Rally is May 1st, if you want the shirt and Friday buffet. However, the sooner the better because we are trying to keep tabs on the head count for Red Cliffs Lodge meal planning.
    If you don't already have a room reserved, you should get that done asap, and then cancel if you decide you aren't coming... Pete
    Thanks for the Info Pete. I've got a room at the Red Cliff Lodge. I'm just hoping that I can get Floyd 'Done' in time! It's looks promissing... I will register for the Rally etc as soon as I can. Pivnic

2. Likes Pete, JohnMelon liked this post
    First Name
    Dan
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Powers View Post
    Crazy...maybe. Memories for a lifetime. Can't wait to see you all there.

Arches National Park. Taken at Willys Rally 5
    [IMG]IMAG0392 by Sparky Powers, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Understand from my brother, the rig in the picture has gone under and extreme renovation. Canít wait to see it.
    Dan

4. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    First Name
    Mike
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to the Rally. I see a lot of information regarding lodging but does anyone stay in the numerous campgrounds in the area? Does anyone know what the first-come-first-served availability of campsites might be? Doesn't look like you can reserve any of them. I know from what I've read that the hotels book up quick with all the events in May. We have a little Jeep trailer with a roof top tent etc that I just finished building and I would love to use it. Also, I see some discussion about meeting up to caravan to the Rally. In case it can be worked out, I will most likely leave very early Friday morning from home in the mountains west of Colorado Springs and travel through Gunnison and Montrose up to I-70 at Grand Junction.
    VJ AB.jpg
    Chevy 350 powered 1950 Willys Jeepster 4WD

6. Likes scramboleer, TAO1 liked this post
    First Name
    Pete
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by misterburley View Post
    I'm new to the Rally. I see a lot of information regarding lodging but does anyone stay in the numerous campgrounds in the area? Does anyone know what the first-come-first-served availability of campsites might be? Doesn't look like you can reserve any of them. I know from what I've read that the hotels book up quick with all the events in May. We have a little Jeep trailer with a roof top tent etc that I just finished building and I would love to use it. Also, I see some discussion about meeting up to caravan to the Rally. In case it can be worked out, I will most likely leave very early Friday morning from home in the mountains west of Colorado Springs and travel through Gunnison and Montrose up to I-70 at Grand Junction.
    VJ AB.jpg
    Mike,

I haven't used any of the nearby camping spots in the past, so I'm not sure what the odds are of finding a spot. The spots that you can see from the road between Moab and RedCliffs along the river always look full though. I would imagine that the farther out you get, the easier it is to find something. There is are places like the KOA that have spaces too...

It might be worth calling the BLM about the camping availability, and what to expect. Here's a link with some info, if you don't already have it: http://www.discovermoab.com/campgrounds.htm

Looking forward to seeing your Jeepster in Moab.

Pete
    Founder of OldWillysForum.com
    My 1960 Willys Wagon Build Thread | Instagram

First Name
    Mike
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good info Pete, thank you. We may end up a ways out of town.
    Chevy 350 powered 1950 Willys Jeepster 4WD

9. Likes Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy001 View Post
    Understand from my brother, the rig in the picture has gone under and extreme renovation. Canít wait to see it.
    Dan
    Hey Dan, what a coincidence, your brother living across the street from me. I asked him if he would like to ride shotgun to Moab with us. No answer yet. Here's a teaser shot. See you soon.
    [IMG]20180222_172533 by Sparky Powers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by misterburley View Post
    VJ AB.jpg
    Mike, I'm digging the Jeepster. I've just started the build of a 48 Jeepster 4wd for my wife. Can't wait to meet you and check out your ride. As for camping we have stayed at the KOA at a previous Moab Rally. Nice facility and you can make reservations.

Steve
    Please come join us for the 10th annual Willys Moab Rally. www.willysrally.com Subscribe to email (copy paste to browser) : http://www.willysrally.com/subscribe/subscribe.html

11. Likes TAO1, Gojeep liked this post
    First Name
    Alan
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Pete,
    This will be our first time to Moab. I will need to trailer my '54 truck, as it gets only 7 mpg which causes me to fill up every 70 miles or so. (Not sure if there is enough gas stations along the route I am taken. hahaha)
    Question: Are there places to park a trailers, as well as the vehicle hauling the trailer out of the way of the event?
    Thanks,
    AlanDSC_0060.jpg

13. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    First Name
    Pete
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by '54 Truck View Post
    Hello Pete,
    This will be our first time to Moab. I will need to trailer my '54 truck, as it gets only 7 mpg which causes me to fill up every 70 miles or so. (Not sure if there is enough gas stations along the route I am taken. hahaha)
    Question: Are there places to park a trailers, as well as the vehicle hauling the trailer out of the way of the event?
    Thanks,
    AlanDSC_0060.jpg
    Alan,

The Redcliffs Lodge has a large parking area, so parking your tow rig with trailer should be no problem.

redcliffss.jpg

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-13-2018 at 07:55 PM.

15. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    First Name
    Pete
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Powers View Post

Steve
    Looking good Steve, can't wait to see the finished product in Moab...

Pete

17. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Steven
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like