1. Jeepster
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1949
Hello all
Bought this from 2nd owner who had it since 1965
original color, and frame off restoration in 2014
go devil engine, with overdrive
full brown Naugahyde interior and Cali Hartz canvas top with unused curtains.
just a starter to get her going, and all is right.
i have a stablemate in my 1947 CJ-2
should be a good match I think, although the CJ -2 was a farm truck so looks the part as opposed to the Jeepster who was coddled its whole life.
just as good
i live in upstate NY and she will earn her keep on the twisty and winding Catskill roads that abound in our area.
about 10 miles from Bethel Woods, site of the original Woodstock festival. As a matter of fact next year will be the 50th anniversary and plan to make the scene with the Jeepster
Great resource and thank you in advance for all the knowledge I've already gotten from your many previous posts.
i do have some questions
???
are these rust colored wheels in any way original?
should or would the top trim over the dash be chrome or stainless, and if so, should mine be that
was there a deluxe model, and if so what would that consist of
should the steering wheel be white and what about the center chrome horn ring? Original
i read about wind wings, I have old MG TD is that what they are talking about?
so cars have a spat below the rear fender step? Looks like a rubber or Naugahyde material. Was this stock
was a heater standard, and overdrive
those that drive them? What is a good speed for moderate cruising?
my door panels are fiberboard with an orange peel finish? Is this right or dis that the base for an upholstered door card?
finally, I have a whole in dash plate on far right of speedo? What goes there
cheers
Andy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 81
Nice looking Pine Green metallic Jeepster. That was two toned frequently with Sportsman Green metallic (darker green) above the chrome belt moulding. I'm betting your wheels should have been one of the body colors. I painted mine Sportsman Green to match the upper color. The steering wheel is correct for the 49, 50s had a hard rubber wheel with a small horn button and no horn ring. The un-upholstered door panels sound just like mine and I have had mine since 1966. The inside trim on mine is chrome as they all were when they were introduced, but some where along the way, as Jeepster sales were lagging, they used painted instead of chrome, dropped the step plates and reduced the price. I am assuming the wind wings you are talking about are the vent windows. I am sure that the heater was always optional as a lot of cars were even up in the 60s and overdrive was standard when introduced. Overdrive could have been eliminated on the reduced price models, I'm not sure about that. The spats on the lower front of the rear fenders are available from the Jeepsterman are rubber or plastic. the ones I removed from mine when I painted it in 1969 were actually metal. I think I still have them. I have a chrome plug in my dash where a cigarette lighter could be placed. Hope this helps.

Totally cool and neat '49 Willys Jeepster. My buddy's uncle got one in the same color, a 1950 if I remember it right. I was helping my buddy installing the new rack, tonneau cover and some led light bar on his truck when his uncle arrive. It got some issue with little rust and was for sale that time.

Wow beautiful Jeepster!

As for the questions,

should or would the top trim over the dash be chrome or stainless,
- I have a 48 and mine is painted and looks as if it was never chrome or stainless

and if so, should mine be that
was there a deluxe model, and if so what would that consist of
should the steering wheel be white and what about the center chrome horn ring?
-the wheel and ring are correct

i read about wind wings, I have old MG TD is that what they are talking about?
-like said above, those are the vent windows on the top front of the door

so cars have a spat below the rear fender step? Looks like a rubber or Naugahyde material. Was this stock
was a heater standard, and overdrive those that drive them?
-not sure about the spat being original, but heater was option or aftermarket and overdrive was stock

my door panels are fiberboard with an orange peel finish? Is this right or does that the base for an upholstered door card?
-the fiberboard will have a leather pattern which is factor (if anyone knows where to get some let me know please)

finally, I have a whole in dash plate on far right of speedo? What goes there
-as stated above it was for a lighter which was option or aftermarket

hope that helps

Back