Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Happy New Year from the crew at OldWillysForum!

22277878_137365910329224_1018624792158273536_n.jpg

May your 2018 be filled with loads of Willys parts, time for wrenching in the garage, and wheeling in the wilderness.

It is truly a pleasure to be a part of such a great community of like minded folks.

As always, many many Thanks to the forum All-Star subscribers for supporting the forum and helping keep the lights turned on around here.

All the best from Pete, Dan, and John.

Amen to that!

Just ordered my outside mirrors from KW this afternoon,.....I am going to be taking truck to local driveshaft shop and see if they can hook me up with a front driveline for the NP208. then maybe i can join you guys in some light wheeling!! cracks me up at the Car show...Hey you take this thing out 4 wheeling?...UH ..No i cant,...for obvious reasons if you look you will see i am missing a critical element,... yeah that thing there ...that short round tube looking thing that goes tween here and here!! Oh... did not see it was missing ..assumed it was all there.

Then it will be going over to a local speed shop to have the early OBD 1 chip matched to the SBC engine in truck....see if i can get more than 6-7 mpg out of it. only shop in the valley who can do (or want to) this type of work. that along with getting engine to not run rich as it does now ...I start the truck up and with in 2 mins cant really be in garage even with door open the exhaust is that strong!
then the fuel pump is acting weak for a TBI engine so looking at replacing that....Again!! then looking at interior door panels along with reinforcing rear bumper box beam to install a reciever so.... i have a few things to keep me busy for a couple months. one thing gets fixed 3 more break to take its place!!

how bout the rest of ya? ( yes i know am betting you all have a list of things 17miles long to do )

Larry

Hello Larry,
I too get about 7mpg. hahaha. Keep real close to the gas stations!
What are your plans for door panels? Original? I have original driver/passenger side door panels from my '54 pickup available.
My next project is to put on the original tail lights. (get rid of the modern day led style I currently have)
Did you ever get your E-brake mounted? I am trying to figure out how to attach the old style e-brake to new disc brakes....
Alan

Hey Allan

my plans for door panels are to use a 4x8 sheet of black ABS plastic 1/8th inch thick using one orginal panel i have as a template. then looking to get another sheet and heat and bend it around the rear lower wall below the window for fabric to attach to.

Now the rear E brake ...Mine is stock from cane handle to the rear crossmember ....i had to make my own rear cables from the suburban axles up to the acutating rod along with cable stops and other parts it is there and does work...in theory have not really tested it ....i can post pics if you need them showing what i done .I been busy with front end Death Wobble steering stabilizer and front caster shims along with stock heater install....it is getting cold here at night

well got to run ..off to work1

Larry

Sounds good about the panels. Look forward to seeing the finished product at one of the Roundups.
I too had a bad wobble and to make this a short story, my drive shafts (both of them) turned out to be out of round. once that was trued up, all has gone well.
Alan

The stabilizer will be a Band-Aid to a serious problem. When I was having trouble with my CJ I asked a local shop, Willys Works about'em. Rob didn't believe that a stabilizer would do much of any good and didn't recommend adding one. My CJ's always had stabilizers so I did anyways, he was right.

Back