Swappin 78 Regal V6 IN 67 Jeepster. Any tips?

Larren

Knuckle Buster
Nov 27, 2016
Idaho
First Name
Larren
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. Other
Installed on frame, need advice on transmission mount to cross-arm. Doesn't fit-up well with the Novak adapter to the transfer case.

Larren
If your Jeepster was a V6 then the Buick will bolt right up to whatever trans was in it at first, maybe the T86. Throw away that Novak adapter. If you want automatic then get a V6 or 350 V8 Buick/Jeep transmission. (TH400) with the transfer case. and throw away that Novak adapter. If you don't like the T86 another standard Jeep 3 speed will interrchange in. Throw away that Novak adapter. If your Jeepster was a 4 cyl, you can adapt the T90 trannsmission to the Buick easily, and throw away the Novak adapter. Any more questions?
diggerG

oops Lauren, I mis understood what you had, You already got the TH400. I though that you were using the Buick car transmission. You must be changing out a standard for the automatic. Looks like you need the crossmember moved back some. No way around that I don't think.
Your adapter must be about 2 1/2" thick, using the short fine spline rear output?
Sorry agaIN
DIGGERG

It is the original TH400 and the NOVAK adapter needs some fab work to fit on the adapter mount. Looks I need to drill a hole for the one bolt mount as opposed to the original two bolt mount. Not sure I just to to get past the roadblock.

Sounds like you have already figured it out.
Measure at least twice.
diggerG

Back