Jul 4, 2016
otisco, indiana
First Name
jim
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
Has anyone ever purchased replacement rocker panels that they consider useable? If so please let makes know who them. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Jim W

What is the problem with the replacement rocker panel sections available, I've got a 1948 Jeepster that I'm just about to start the metal work on and would rather not have to find out the hard way!
Thanks Cotton52

John, It appears that no body makes good quality replacements, So far I have found none that have the proper contours, specifically they cant match the curve at the bottom of the door face . It should bow or bulge outwards 3/16" with an even crown or radius towards you as you are facing the door. I plan on creating a hammer form to mallet a crown in the rocker after breaking out the parts then assembling. Basically the rocker has compound curves on both the horizontal and vertical planes. Parts being made for sale that I have seen are straight on the horizontal plane and the only way to create this crown on completed assemblies would be building it up with body filler. The only good quality parts being made for jeepsters are floor pans from Classic Enterprises, expensive but near OEM, You should look at the thread by Juhap under jeepster build threads, I would create a link to his thread but I'm not that smart and my computer is 15 years old!! Regards Jim W.

Thanks for the info!

I appreciate the info, as I said I'm just getting started on this restoration and there is a lot to learn. When I restored my MGA I bought a set of rear fender dog legs and the material they were made from foamed when I tried welding them in. I ended up hand forming replacement sections but was hoping to avoid doing so on this one. Thanks John Nelson

Back