Erlanger KY
First Name
Chester
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hello,

we just got a 62 FC and everything to make the bed dump is missing. Any thoughts on where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Does it have a bed at all? Any source on the hydraulic info? Maybe old brochures for pictures or an old Willys dealer approved implements catalog?

Chester
I have an FC 150 with a dump bed on it that looks complete. It is not the same as an FC170 though. Do you have the dump subframe? Or nothing at all?
diggerG

Chester
You never did say, 150 or 170?
I've seen some dump beds with a belt driven pump (on the engine) with a clutch mechanism on it, and some have a pto drive a pump which is a better setup to me. Whatever the body manufacturer wanted to do for hydraulics was what got done. Hydraulics are simple, a pump, oil reservoir, a valve and a lever to activate same.
diggerG

Chester
You never did say, 150 or 170?
I've seen some dump beds with a belt driven pump (on the engine) with a clutch mechanism on it, and some have a pto drive a pump which is a better setup to me. Whatever the body manufacturer wanted to do for hydraulics was what got done. Hydraulics are simple, a pump, oil reservoir, a valve and a lever to activate same.
diggerG

I am sorry it's a 170

Chester
If you have the dump bed and cyllinder, then you just need a pto pump reservoir and valve. My truck has all that. Ther pto goes on the transfer case. there must be a bracket for the pump. run a driveshaft mount the reservoir. It will probably have the valve right on it. you will need to lift the body up (front end loader) and brace it GOOD. then go to work.
diggerG

ChesterI have a 170 with a dump bed. I lifted the bed by putting an air fitting on the bottom of the cylinder. Even if it leaks, it should be enough to lift the cylinder. Once its up, get a 2 x 4 and cut it for a safety support. The one I have has an electric pump, no PTO. I will end up buying a new pump because the one I have is shot. If you do not have a PTO now, I would suggest an electric pump because of the simpler installation. The frame on mine has the reservoir built into it.Mark C

Back