cj5 roll over frankin jeep

BradW

Bigger Hammer
Oct 11, 2009
Wenatchee, Washington
Willys Model
Willys Year:
A guy at work was selling what he said was a 55 Cj5 with a V8, I looked at it and knew something wasn't right, turns out it is a 78 with a 304 that was rolled so they put a 55 body on it cutting it at the firewall leaving the front fenders and hood, the grill and windshield came off a 56 I was told so it looks pretty similar to and is titled as a 1955. the front fenders are a few inches longer than what would have been on a 55 but other than that it looks like a vintage Cj. I got to wondering if anyone else has put together or done something similar? mix and match? I'm going to give it a shot at a resto-mod without trying to sink to much into it. Thanks for any insight.

No but, saw a wrangler with the front clip from a 50's willys truck before. Looked crazy but kind of cool all at the same time.

I thought it might be fairly common to swap parts around but maybe not. I wasn't sure about the longer front fitting with an older rear body but maybe more guys repair to what was original. It seems like a lot of work was done to cut around the firewall and fit the older body on but it seems do-able.

That has been done before. Why not? The dimensions are about right so.....?
diggerG

Back