Dec 26, 2016
Toledo
First Name
Eric
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
I have an old CJ and the plate on the firewall has a serial number of 8315215-8001. I have checked out a few of the “look up” sites and continue to be puzzled.
Can anyone give me a definitive answer of year and make?
Thanks,
Rock

I found I could figure out how to do it on this forum, yes, I would

Hi Eric,

Posting pictures can be confusing (it first was for me anyway). Try this:

1. Click on "reply." A message box should appear.
2. Along the top of the message box is a row of icons. Click on the third from the right. It looks like a tree in a picture frame.
3. That brings up an "insert image" box with two tabs: one tab lets you upload a picture from your phone or computer. The other tab lets you upload a picture from an external website like Google photos. We'll skip this one for now.
4. Click on "choose file." This lets you browse your computer or phone for a picture. Select the picture by clicking on "open." This brings you back to the "insert image" box.
5. Click on "upload." Note: it may take a few seconds for anything to happen.

I have an old CJ and the plate on the firewall has a serial number of 8315215-8001. I have checked out a few of the “look up” sites and continue to be puzzled.
Can anyone give me a definitive answer of year and make?
Thanks,
Rock

That does not sound like a VIN. Maybe a build ticket. How old is the Jeep? Were there 4 screws holding it on?
diggerG

The tag clearly reads Serial Number. It is mounted under the hood, on the firewall and on the passenger side.

Eric
Is there another tag on the drivers side firewall? I just looked at a 66 CJ5 and the prefix is 83105 C16 then a 200.000 number. It says Kaiser Jeep on it. That is on the drivers side and is held on with 4 screws. There is another one on the pass. side that is glued on. It is something else. Build ticket?
diggerG

Back