Willys truck bench seat

Captainlance: Even by bus? or Fasenal? Fasenal ships anything on a skid rather cheap I have been told. Im in central PA 17023 about 4.5 hrs away. so shipping should not be over the top? Tkx Jim F

Seat

Hi jim,
You bought Mike's truck right? I can check with Fasenall , they are in our industrial park. If you would like to pick it up, I'm available 7 days a week.
Lance

Captainlance: Even by bus? or Fasenal? Fasenal ships anything on a skid rather cheap I have been told. Im in central PA 17023 about 4.5 hrs away. so shipping should not be over the top? Tkx Jim F

I have a bunch of cars all sports cars no way to haul. If I drove the jeep it take me a,week. Lol. I put in a few hundred hours and 4k now mikes jeep is even nicer. Still have some twerking though. Let me know if you get anywhere. Tkx jim f

I"ll check with Fastenall on Tuesday.

I have a bunch of cars all sports cars no way to haul. If I drove the jeep it take me a,week. Lol. I put in a few hundred hours and 4k now mikes jeep is even nicer. Still have some twerking though. Let me know if you get anywhere. Tkx jim f

DSCN1742.jpgDSCN1743.jpgDSCN1744.jpgDSCN1745.jpg
Back - front ..............Back - back...............Bottom - top.............Bottom - bottom
I'm selling these for a customer. He wants $150 plus shipping. The vinyle is in good shape. Spring and supports are in great shape. I can ship UPS comercial rate, i.e. -30 to 40% off. Let me know if you interested.
Dan

With concerns of not wanting to undermine Dan or his customer (Dan is too good of a guy here), I have the original seat from our '59 truck. Complete back and uncovered seat bottom. Unlike Dan's, the vinyl you see in the picture is not in good condition. This does not compete with the condition of his. It's an option depending on what you're wanting to do. There is nothing on the bottom of ours. Upholstery work would need to be re-done entirely.

In this image, the back is resting on the frame of the bottom. I can roll it around and send other pictures if you want. I just walked out back to snap a shot when I saw this post.

201806070716.jpg

If you want it, consider it yours. I live about a half-hour east of Colorado Springs and was just in Stockton two weeks ago. I know that's not close to you but the wife and I go to Lawrence "from time-to-time" and there is no reason we couldn't toss it in the back of our truck and take the southern route passed you. It just depends on how much of a hurry you're in. .. figure a couple of weeks at the soonest due to my work schedule.

I think I read you were new to this so: '46 - '64 should all fit the same. Someone will correct me if there's an early/later difference. The top of the back mounts to the back wall on a pair of hinges. Detached from the bottom, it flips up and there is a 1x4 board behind it on the wall that flips down to push the back forward some if you're a driver who needs the seat forward. Odd by today's standards. Functional by yesteryear's, but probably the driving factor why we didn't use it ourselves since we wanted conventional access to behind the seat.

An old picture from the beginning of our build that shows the seat "adjustment".
201611031311.jpg

Attachments

• 201611031311.jpg
    201611031311.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
With concerns of not wanting to undermine Dan or his customer (Dan is too good of a guy here), I have the original seat from our '59 truck. Complete back and uncovered seat bottom. Unlike Dan's, the vinyl you see in the picture is not in good condition. This does not compete with the condition of his. It's an option depending on what you're wanting to do. There is nothing on the bottom of ours. Upholstery work would need to be re-done entirely.

In this image, the back is resting on the frame of the bottom. I can roll it around and send other pictures if you want. I just walked out back to snap a shot when I saw this post.

201806070716.jpg

If you want it, consider it yours. I live about a half-hour east of Colorado Springs and was just in Stockton two weeks ago. I know that's not close to you but the wife and I go to Lawrence "from time-to-time" and there is no reason we couldn't toss it in the back of our truck and take the southern route passed you. It just depends on how much of a hurry you're in. .. figure a couple of weeks at the soonest due to my work schedule.

I think I read you were new to this so: '46 - '64 should all fit the same. Someone will correct me if there's an early/later difference. The top of the back mounts to the back wall on a pair of hinges. Detached from the bottom, it flips up and there is a 1x4 board behind it on the wall that flips down to push the back forward some if you're a driver who needs the seat forward. Odd by today's standards. Functional by yesteryear's, but probably the driving factor why we didn't use it ourselves since we wanted conventional access to behind the seat.

An old picture from the beginning of our build that shows the seat "adjustment".
201611031311.jpg
John, Thank you for the very kind words.
Dan

Dan, sorry I thought I responded to this thread. I will take the seats. Can ship greyhound if you like. I can call your shop to pay for the seats now and then pay the freight once you get the number? Just let me know, my email is Jerry@baldwinconsulting.net

Thanks!

Hey Dan. I'm pretty sure I just bought a good emblem from you on eBay this morning! Good to see you're part of the community.

Hi James
Seats are a hot item
I am trying to get the seat problem solved myself
I have TWO Surburban 3rd row seats
but I was looking for something more original

I have an original seat and back , but the problem
I have found is getting someone "that knows what there are doing"
to cover it.

Back