Oct 10, 2017
Louisiana
First Name
Lawrence
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. Other
Ok guys here is another stupid question. I was given a 1969 Kaiser Mail Jeep and the guy told me it was running when he parked it. When I got it the starter would not engage as a matter of fact there was nothing happening when I turned the key. So I started searching and could NOT find the replacement starter so I took the old one to the rebuild shop and had it rebuilt. The guy at the rebuild place told me the starter was in horrible condition and also stated that the starter would not work in the condition it was in and it looked as if someone had done some soldiering inside the case. Gee wiz. Anyway after about three weeks of searching and four incorrect oil filters I finally found the Fram HP8 filter and installed it yesterday. I am getting ready to put oil in the engine. The motor does turn over. I forgot to mention that I was able to spin the motor and run it for a couple of seconds before I drained the oil out of it. I checked the water in the radiator and noticed it was low so I put some water in it only to find the next day that water was pouring out of it without any pressure on the system. So I sent to Amazon and ordered what I thought was the correct radiator for this machine. It came in yesterday and it is too small and the hose locations are on the wrong sides. I need to know if any of you have a part number on the radiator and where to find one at. This is the 4 cylinder GM motor single barrel F type. Any help would be appreciated. The plan is to get this thing running and let my boy use it on the farm to ride around in. Thought it would be better than buying one of those ATVs that are popular right now. I will post pictures of the project later. The serial number on the tag in the engine compartment says 8513. This means nothing to me and would like some info if you have any.

Thanks,

Lawman

I don't remember what those 69 DJ5 radiators look like anymore, but the heading for that Rock Auto listing says 2.2L 134L engine. That mail Jeep had a Chevy 151 Nova engine in it. Not a 134L. That may still be the right radiator, but the vehicle was identified wrong.
diggerG

I did an internet search for the radiator for this machine and found that there are quite a few options out there. I ordered the one from amazon but it measures approximately 16" x 19" and it is too small. The radiator in the jeep I have measures approximately 24" x 25". I am looking for a direct replacement if anyone knows where to find one please let me know.

Thanks,

Law

Back