Medina, Ohio
First Name
Don
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
Hi, folks -

New here, obviously. I have been restoring old (American) cars for about 40 years, but never yet a Willys. But I've been driving Jeeps for a while, of the newer variety. Currently in the garage is a 2016 Grand Cherokee with a Hemi (which I love - it goes zoom-zoom real good!). I've done everything from a 1914 Chevy Baby Grand touring car up through a 1956 Chevy 4 door wagon with factory A/C most recently.

I am hoping to find a 1947-49 pickup, and will put it back to bone-stock, L-Head 134 powered perfection once I find the right vehicle to begin. Don't mind changing components out, but hate rusty stuff to start on. Always loved 'em, it's time to do it. Look forward to asking lots of questions once I drag the treasure home!

Yep, thanks for the welcome. I've been spending way too much time in there, and Willys For Sale, and eBay, lots of dangerous places....

Welcome from Colorado, Don. Good luck on your hunt for your perfect Willys Pickup. The Hunt is almost as good as the Build. They are out there hiding... Make sure that when you find your truck, that you take a picture of it at the first moment that you see it. You will really Dig that picture when your project is near the end. Pivnic

Welcome, AZ here... good hunting ! hope you find the ONE ! or a great deal...

The hunt is now on....

Welcome to the forum from Denver.

After I saw a Willys pickup with a flatbed on YouTube it sparked something inside me to go get my own Willys.

It took me 8 months online until I located my dream truck, 900 mikes away in western Montana.

ROAD TRIP, ya no problem.

You will find your dream Willys, it's out there just waiting for you.

Cheers. Thomas

Thanks, all. Yep, it is out there somewhere, waiting for me to drag it home. So that's my first job, finding it. And I'm working steadily on that. Once found, I'll take lots of photos, count on that. Always love to go back and look at the Before and Afters. Plus nowadays lots of photos taking stuff apart helps a ton when putting it back together. I also love a good road trip, especially when it is to fetch home a new project like this. I have no rational idea why it needs to be a 1947-49 pickup,that's just where my mind zeroed in on. I like the bare bones look, the flat face grille, and the little 134 L Head set up.

There was a bone stock 4cyl truck in Casper, WY a few months ago for sale. It was located at the place below.

5bc9dcf127e67c44436ea53ccab32bce.jpg

Its actually in the photo above. It must have been a barn find and then left to sit. It has the cool tailgate as well.

d246300a0b9a0ec8948b06949b117230.jpg

e9f3e629f2a362f0a7b5a00303b1fb71.jpg

I am by no means affiliated.

Thanks for that, Ben. That's a solid, honest looking truck. I am currently in negotiations on a solid '48 pretty much original, but sitting a very long time. I'll see how this plays out.

Back