Sep 30, 2017
Belgium
First Name
frederick
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1953
Hi there, new to the forum but this is not innocent. Me and my friend got hold of a 1953 station wagon that belonged to the American Legation in Tangier Morroco. When we saw it, we thought that it would be a nice project. The issue is that we already have a few that we can't finish. As usual, it's either time or money, or both. We love the car but we don't want to sell it to somebody who can't appreciate the historic value it has. That's why we are reaching to the community to see if there is interest in it. So , in order to not be rude, i wanted to check with you guys first if it is ok to post it for sale in the classified section.

thank you so much.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your post. Please do post over in the classified section here.

You also might consider sending pictures and description over to Dave at www.ewillys.com. He'll post your ad for free.

Do you have any old pictures of it? That might help convey its historical value (in addition to current pictures).

Cheers!

Dan

Thank you Dan. I'll try to upload it in the classifieds. I do have some pictures of hunting parties with the ambassador back then. You can see the game they shot hanging on the side of the car, very cool. I'm trying to figure out wich ambassador it was on the picture. Also Morrocon paper work, and the car still has the original plates. As well as a plate on the dashboard who says American Legation Tangiers. I'll try to post it all.

Kind regards.

you're not weird! i'm like the crazy cat lady. If i see a classic or youngtimer rotting away i want it, or i even convince people to buy it because it just break my heart to leave it there. I had a hard time in new mexico last summer, i don't understand all this people hoarding and letting rot away. At least put them inside. Anyway, it's up in the classified section. Thank you Dan

Welcome from Colorado, Frederick. It's always a good thing to save another Willys Truck, no matter where it is! Pivnic

Thank you guys! unfortunately for us the real jeep fan base is in the states. you do see a lot of MB and after ww2 m's but that's pretty much it. It's also the reason why we bought the truck, you barely see them around here.

kr.

Back