Duane
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
I found this link while searching

https://www.vvng.com/chili-salsa-cook-off-willys-jeep-day-wrightwood/

I hope to see some of you there.

I am not affiliated with this event. My wagon is far from capable of participating leaving me just a humble spectator and fan of breakfast in Wrightwood followed by looking at cool rigs. My wife loves scouring the shops filled with vintage collectibles.

Duane

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I will be there this year and I think Dimwat will be there as well. I'm not sure if I will be bringing the Willys yet. We will be camping so I will be towing the trailer and the wife doesn't want to drive either vehicle.

I'm not sure of what expect at the event but I guess that is part of the fun. Hopeful I will see you there.

Steve

Looking forward to meeting you. I will be pestering you when I get to putting my LM7 combo in my wagon.

As for the event, last year there were about 10 to 12 Willys, and 30 different gens of Wranglers. The town is in the pine trees so it's pretty.

There are a few trails nearby. I hope you were able to reserve a site for camping. It's a relatively popular area. Not as crazy as Big Bear.

Duane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Possibly, the electric brakes are acting up, maybe I can sort them out tomorrow. I just put new brakes on the Willys, front and rear all new, but I discovered the previous owner routed the proportioning valve backwards, and I don't have time to re-plumb it. It stops well, because I've got the Scout's big vented discs in front and 11" drums in back, but I'd feel better having it correct. The rears are getting the higher pressure intended for the front, so it's a bit of a concern. I did some panic stops and the backs did lock up first.

Looking forward to meeting you. I will be pestering you when I get to putting my LM7 combo in my wagon.

As for the event, last year there were about 10 to 12 Willys, and 30 different gens of Wranglers. The town is in the pine trees so it's pretty.

There are a few trails nearby. I hope you were able to reserve a site for camping. It's a relatively popular area. Not as crazy as Big Bear.

Duane

PM sent.

We were able to reserve a campsite for the weekend. That is a busy place this time of year, there were very few reservable space left in the whole area. Most campgrounds were full. I will help you out however I can with your LS swap when your ready.

See you this weekend.

Steve

Well the event was fun. I think that many of the Willys were from here. Unfortunately my phone was acting up, so I did not get any pictures. I saw Casey, Tom, and met Joseph and Steve.

Great inspiration to get the honey do list shortened and back on the wagon project. Thanks guys for showing up and sharing.

This was my first time attending the event and I really enjoyed it. There was a great turnout of Willys and Jeeps new and old. We ran into old friends and met some new friends too. It was a pleasure to meet you Duane and Tom. I look forward to next year.

Back