Gear Grinder
    First Name
    Dan
    Year
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like

One good drum.....

If I can find one good front drum for my 1963 FJ3-A Fleetvan I should be able to keep the brakes original for now.
    Drum is 9" with 1 3/4" shoes. I found the vendor with front shoes and the back brakes are
    9"x 2", ( get relined ). Waiting for my mechanic to come back from holiday to bless the three drums.
    Yes I did have to go to the maul to get a couple of drums off...unbelievable.
    I notice the difference between jeep people and people selling jeep stuff.....I'll get through it.

Dan

First Name
    Bryce
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck on your hunt.
    Flat Rate Auggie - Dont scratch my rust!
    Help finding this old Gasser! - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690676

Gear Grinder
    First Name
    Dan
    Year
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'm back on high ground, got face of the fourth drum press back to flat, checked it on lathe and looks almost good. It seems not much brake drum turning with most stuff having disc brakes. Good part is that the shop had the adapter to turn drums with hubs on. Two different vendors for the shoes and will be glad to be able to move the Willys around. I got badges but ain't showing anyone!

Gear Grinder
    First Name
    Herb
    Year
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your lucky you only need one!! I turned mine undersized and have been staying on top of the adjustment as it changes quickly. Good luck on shoes too, took me 3 sets from vendors to finally get it right!