Feb 2, 2017
Elizabethtown, KY
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
I do not know how you feel, but I am proud to be a Willy's Owner.... I don't own a Jeep.
I am quickly developing a form of "Road Rage" in talking to people..... "Dude Nice Jeep".... "Willys is not a correct entry".... " I did not know Dodge made them in 61"

I do not know how you feel.... But I had to say it.

My baby isn't much.... but she is mine and is a WILLYS

Last edited:
It was pretty funny when I tried to register my Wagon at the DMV... the person behind the counter looked at the paperwork, and asked "What is a Kaiser?"

As far as I am concerned, your Wagon is a Jeep. It's a Willys Jeep Station wagon. The term Jeep was coined way before your Wagon was made. Now, please take and share pics. of your road rage.

Well, I have and will continue to post the pictures of my "Baby".... as she turns back into a woman.
As for the DMV... here in Kentucky, they are a little different.... the comment made was... " that's a Willys.... my grandfather had one"

Willys VS Jeep.

Hi Pete and welcome to the club. I own a Willys and a 1999 Jeep GC. As stated on my Wisconsin registration. I am kind of a laid back guy so if someone calls my Willys a Jeep I do not get to concerned. I have owned Jeeps since 1976 and love them all. I have to say that the Willys Overland mark should be mentioned, as I would. Many muscle cars are grouped together that should not be. Kick back and explain to those that call her a Jeep what she is. It is understandable because of there great looks that people would consider them Jeeps. Take care and relax, Mike. :cheers:

Well if you try to order parts from RockAuto, the 'Willys' category is just for the Willys cars (Aero etc.). You'll find our stuff (Willys PU and Wagon) under the Jeep category. Pretty much the same all over the web.

I could be deluded, but I think my '65 Willys wagon says "Jeep 4 Wheel Drive" on the rear hatch. We were in the local village last year - an old guy said "Nice car buddy!" An hour later, a young guy said "I really like your old Toyota"! So, I've given up thinking about these sorts of monikers and try to concentrate on how long it is to supper.

Pavel

I just love the look on folks faces when I tell them I'm going to go play with my Willys!

It's kind of weird, I think most of us enjoy people asking about our Willys, I do. If I didn't want people to ask about my ride, I certainly wouldn't drive a Willys, it'd be a Toyota. I like that we dare to be different then the norm and whenever you do that, there is always questions.

Well if you try to order parts from RockAuto, the 'Willys' category is just for the Willys cars (Aero etc.). You'll find our stuff (Willys PU and Wagon) under the Jeep category. Pretty much the same all over the web.

Yes, that is a fact! I don't mind either!:)

I could be deluded, but I think my '65 Willys wagon says "Jeep 4 Wheel Drive" on the rear hatch. We were in the local village last year - an old guy said "Nice car buddy!" An hour later, a young guy said "I really like your old Toyota"! So, I've given up thinking about these sorts of monikers and try to concentrate on how long it is to supper.

Know how you feel. I run year plates on everything I travel in, so what year is on the plate is what year the vehicle is. Nevertheless, someone will be staring at the front or rear of the vehicle and inevitably will ask "what year is it?" when the plate is right in front of them!

I just love the look on folks faces when I tell them I'm going to go play with my Willys!

Or when I say I'm going Commando......:p

Back