Jul 5, 2017
BRITISH COLUMBIA
First Name
Jesse
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1949
So I've looked through the threads here and I don't see anyone else having this issue... What am I doing wrong?

1. Front end is much higher on the passenger side and yet its not touching anything to hold it up that high and I only have 2 bolts in to hold it
2. driver side hood alignment is close and low (I will shim it to make it flush with the body)
3. Passenger side hood is a mess. Can't seem to get it go any lower and isnt resting on the fender

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20170705_143047.jpg
    20170705_143047.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20170705_143101.jpg
    20170705_143101.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20170705_143116.jpg
    20170705_143116.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 47
Left fender at bottom looks lower. Are both from the same vehicle? Maybe one is from a station wagon or truck.

Your whole car is leaning to the drivers side at least an inch. Look at the suspension below the horizontal bar you have there. I'd guess a low or different size tire, on the drivers rear. That has nothing to do with the gaps, but that's why it looks weird. The drivers fender is about 1/4" lower mounted to the grille shell/radiator support, but that will just move that much in the slots if you loosen the bolts.
The back of the hood, and I imagine the lower back of the fenders at the cowl gaps (the photos are too close to show it, but that last photo shows the gap getting bigger at the bottom.) are because you have the grille propped up at least an inch too high, maybe more with that pine board. I don't know what that's about but that's your problem. I worked for 7 years on wrecked cars on a frame machine and I've seen every kind of misalignment problem there is. Trust me the front is way too high, or much more unlikely, the cowl is too low.

Oh, that photo of the gap on the passenger side shows the fender not following the hood but looks like it is tucked under it at the front at the edge of the photo. (about the middle of the fender where the vertical piece comes to an end) My Jeepster was in a front end wreck at some point and the frame replaced. It seems like they bow in there in a wreck. I have a porta power and was able to get mine to come out some by jacking it out there to get it closer to following the hood, but I couldn't ever get it all the way out, that are tough there. You may have to live with it or get an unbent fender. You can just look down it to see how out of whack it might be. It should be about straight front to back where the top of the fender meets the hood. If it is v'd in the middle it is bent.

Back