Jul 18, 2013
Jackson, MS
First Name
David
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1952
I'm having a really tough time trying to find door seals for my 52 Willys Aero Lark. I purchased two different types from Pat Walsh, but neither one wants to fit properly. One is a larger seal; seems to fit the front and top of the door but not the back. The smaller one (same one that is used for the trunk, I think) will not fit the back either. Apparently, the gasket for the back cannot stick out past the channel the seal is mounted in, or the door won't close. If the same dimension seal (I purchased some foam weatherstrip at Home Depot just to see what will fit) is put across the top and front, it does not contact the body when the door is closed.
Any help as to what products I need would be GREATLY appreciated. This stuff is not easy to find for a car this rare.

Forgot to mention - this is a two-door car with split windshield, and the rear windows do not roll down. I have had success with the windshield and rear window seals, the front window tracks, etc. but not the front door seals themselves.

Dave E
Madison, MS

I'm looking for help on this as well. I just got Pat Walsh's catalog in the mail yesterday. I've got a 54 'Lark 2-door that I have to replace all seals on. After reading prices, I was about to try finding something that I could DIY to fit. If either of us comes up with anything, I'd love to share info.

Folks, get ahold of Rudy Phillips out in Ramona, CA. 760-789-3607. He offers door seals for both 2 and 4 door models and is much more accurate AND reasonably priced, compared to Pat Walsh.

Back