Likes Likes:  4

Thread: So.... No guts no Glory? or just plain stupid?

Sharpest-Tool
    First Name
    Paul
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like

So.... No guts no Glory? or just plain stupid?

I've not put any really long miles on my truck yet. Still fiddling with it to get things done...Small things mostly. Interior, spare tire mount... Mostly having a good time wasting time. But the list is running out and it's getting to the time to put up or shut up.

In the next week of two I'm going for a 75 mile trip each way. Assuming that I complete that, I'm starting to think more or less seriously about driving across country. (2900 miles) I know it's been done at least once by a member here but I wonder what the group thinks about this? Oh...Edit to say, Interstate driving is not going to happen. There's a limit to how brave I am...

So, throw caution to the wind and go for it? Or consider that discretion is the better part of valor and spend more time building trust in the truck?

Thanks
    Paul
    Last edited by second_floor_lo; 05-27-2017 at 03:42 PM.

2. Likes Pete liked this post
    Precision-Fit
    First Name
    brian
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Paul.I admire your sense of adventure, but I think I would put a few more miles on it to make sure you shake out any bugs that may be lurking. Also depends on how much time and money you're willing to wager on the old girl. I too, would like to make a long road trip to the Wrightwood Willys jeep day event at some point, but I will have updated technology to ease my fears:]
    Last edited by agne2520; 05-29-2017 at 07:34 PM.

First Name
    Ben
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many miles do you have on your rig? What all did you do to it and from what condition? grab a few bottles of oil and anything else you think you need for your safety blanket and go!!

I have been driving mine for maybe a little over two weeks and I am up to 850+ miles. I have done one oil change and I am getting ready to torque the head and all the other engine break in service stuff for 1000 miles. I am thinking I will be over 1000 miles by Sunday.
    1957 Willys Wagon with overhauled 1960 Super Hurricane 226 and frame. Driving - but always a work in progress.

First Name
    Scott
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul maybe you can tag along www.alaskaorrust.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    53 f134 4x4 warn od stocker wagon 6v