Apr 5, 2014
Phoenix AZ
First Name
Larry
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1951
should have added this to the winshield gasket post but not think of it but any way what i need toknow is where exactly does the bottom door glass channel sit on the glass? IMG_20170524_164011409.jpg left ...right... centered? 1/4" from either edge...or what? secondly the channel gasket...which way is in or out has a tall bent flange on one side need to know if it goes on inside or outside of glass?

Thanx
Larry

This is how I reinstalled mine. All is good with it.

Attachments

• door Glass.jpg
    door Glass.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 59
If I recall the channels that the window regulator guides run in provide some margin for error. If you've got regulator in door Suggest you place window and bottom channel in to test fit in full open and closed conditions .

Allright Jim,.... Thank You!... it appears that you centered your channel more or less appears to be a 1/2" gap on both edges i might try that just hoping someone had definitive answer I.E ....say leave this side at 1/4" the other side at 5/8" or whatever it happens to be to work correctly.

Greg that is also a pretty good idea to dry fit and see how window operates maybe put it in loosely and cycle window and allow it to find its own medium then mark where it wind up laying then do final install and know it will work without binding.

Larry

Here's another pic of when I was taking it apart. I do think that with the slots on the rail, it's not a critical fit.

Attachments

• glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 50
Allright then that works for me you also unknowingly answered the other question the channel gasket in your pic i can see the tall bent flange

with the short slot going towards the hinge side of door that puts the flange on the outside of glass

that is unless this is the driver side door then it would be inside the glass trying to get this figured out so i can do the glass on the doors and not spend 4 hours on a door trying to figure out which way it goes.

Larry

Well now here is an insane thought....that just occured to me ...why dont i just go look at the extra set of doors that i just happen to have? ...one of which is mostly intact glass and all. I dunno if that might ...just might tell me what i need to know ...Huh! ( Yeah i know.....Here's my Sign!)

Larry

Back