Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnny Cash's "58" Wagon.

First Name
    Jim
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    They definitely appear to be different. I would like a pic or two with them mounted on the truck if and when you get a chance. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. As of now I'm leaning towards the fact that I have 2wd fenders.

First Name
    Rob
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jim. I also have a '58 Wagon, and ironically, live in Washington State! I may be misunderstanding you post, but both my front fenders sit on the frame as well. Aren't they supposed to? Here is a pic of my passenger fender before I removed it to replace the engine and paint the engine compartment. Is this what you're talking about?

IMG_3041.jpg

First Name
    Rob
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Driver's side fender...

IMG_3042.jpg

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Scott
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    -I think he is saying his are sitting on the frame with wood spacers raising his body.

First Name
    David
    Year
    1950 1964
    Model
    Pickup Other
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhorse4x4 View Post
    They definitely appear to be different. I would like a pic or two with them mounted on the truck if and when you get a chance. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. As of now I'm leaning towards the fact that I have 2wd fenders.
    Here's a link to a rather big picture (went with a link instead of the embedding the picture due to it's size). You can just see the top of the shock tower which nestles in the 'bump' in the inner fender. I don't think the fender should be sitting on the frame, I'd have to take another look at mine (haven't really had a reason to look at that in 10+ years).

http://www.jeep-trucks.com/assets/im...009_Fender.jpg
    David,
    1950 $WD Pickup: There is no apostrophe in Willys...

First Name
    Jim
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the pics guys, it's been very helpful so far. Moriazbane is exactly correct. Mine are sitting on the frame with the blocks, which would make it impossible to use these fenders without the blocks, or cutting the crap out of them.

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim
    It sounds like you have a 2wd body on the 4wd frame. I also have 1 of those. I did that job 35 - 40 years ago on a yard truck. The 2 wd wagon body has a far different located firewall. i also had to cut a big hole in the firewall to fit in the 4wd engine location. As for the blocks, I'm thinking that he did not get the wood blocks right, for whatever reason. Check that.
    diggerG

First Name
    Jim
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    But would there be wood blocks from the factory? I agree with the 2wd body because I see evidence that the battery tray used to be on the passenger side. Is there any solution besides lift blocks? Thanks Digger. Also I haven't forgotten about that shift tower. Just been VERY busy.

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    JIm I relate to the VERY busy part. I have never seen wood blocks under a Jeep from the factory except for gas tanks. not saying they never did that, just saying'....
    I'm guessing that there is no evidence of frame bendage? Or work done on the body mounts?
    Past that, I would not worry too much about that for now.
    diggerG

First Name
    Jim
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm too anal to let some bubbafied crap like this go though. No frame bend, they're under the entire body, every mount. I grew up in the sticks, bubble gum and bailing wire PhD, but this is........