Sep 27, 2013
North Carolina
First Name
Paul
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1949
I seem to remember (or perhaps wishful thinking ) that there were replacement medallions available the the stainless grill trim. The original was chrome plated brass with the W in the center...2 and 3/8 inch diameter. Any ideas? I've got the original but it needs re plating and a couple of new tabs (or some really good two sided tape.)

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

Is this what you are looking for?

677748_enlarged_1.jpg

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/hood-ornament-medallion-fits-46-49-truck-station-wagon

Not sure if this matters (and I'm going off memory), but I think the fancy stainless T grill trim only came on the wagons ("Station Sedan") and Jeepsters:

1948-1951-willys-jeepster-5.jpg

da891423dfc8f0a9deefa1bf50087d03.png

Thanks Dan and Dave. the one from KW is evidently 7/8 inch in diameter (according to their catalog) Mine is 2 3/8.. And yes it is from the stainless grill trim from a Jeepster or Wagon. I got one years ago that was pretty dinged up. It's getting straighter now, after numerous hours of careful tapping and filing. Soon, hours of polishing will begin. So, given that no stainless trim was harmed during this endeavor, it is indeed going on my truck. I've managed to straighten the medallion so I'll try to have it re-plated locally.

Again, thanks for the help
Paul

Back