Anyone else have two extra aux gauges on a 1957-1965 truck or wagon?

My 1960 Parkway Conversion (not shown) did not have them...

My 1962 Traveller does not have them, nomenclature plate on glove box truck.
0C16FE3B-267C-4ED8-989E-B21DD4B416E5.jpg
My 1961 wagon (green) does not have them.
3BAFEAB8-F423-46CF-847D-E5D4151B12A8.jpg
My 1959 - 1963 Wagon parts truck does have them.
34026BC9-F135-4BD4-A15A-52FC51A133A2.jpg

My '57 wagon has small round gauges for oil psi and amps on either side of the speedometer at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, just like the picture at the green dashboard top of this page. The idiot lights for these functions on the speedometer dial are also functional.

Last edited:
My '62 6-226 is bog standard no gauges outside of the center. It however has replacement temp and fuel gauges ( that don't work properly).
IMG_1054.jpg

View attachment 45432My '62 6-226 is bog standard no gauges outside of the center. It however has replacement temp and fuel gauges ( that don't work properly)
Frustrating. For the modern replacement auxiliary gauges, I’ve heard two things: the replacements lack resistors (solution: add a resistor) and the side of the gauge is touching the side of the housing, rendering it inaccurate. (Solution: prynthe two apart, creating a small gap or add electrical tape). Haven’t tried either myself.

More info here.

Thanks for the info. The Omix ADA fuel gauge works perfectly (other than the fact the sweep is backwards from the original. I believe it a universal replacement for funky fender CJs ) But the temp gauge goes straight to hot when you turn the key on. The only problem with the original gauges was the voltage regulator that powers both gauges located in the gas gauge had burnt out. I may try having the original Stewart Warner gauges rebuilt instead.

I had started my whole Willys restoration project without anyone to consult and I didn't frequent the forum. I am really regretting it. Almost every part I bought from K.W. has gone wrong in some way. Very frustrating!

From another thread:

index.php

Now I don't feel so bad mangling my dash with a Dremel for heat/air conditioning vents. Yeah I cut into a classic truck's dash. And yeah the vents are plastic chrome. Sue me. But they blow cold air right in my face, and that makes it all OK (cue the Animals 'It's my life and I'll do I what I want')

dash.jpg

Gary, What type/brand gauge cluster do you have there? I've never seen one so "alive"! Cheers, Pavel

Hey Pavel,

I see Gary hasn't logged in for some time so I hope he doesn't mind if I post this for him using his build thread as the reference: https://www.speedhut.com/gauge/GCJ5...eter-Cluster-90mph---Speedo,-Fuel-Level,-Temp

It looks awfully close (if not the same) to the one in post #86 on this page of his thread: https://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/58-green-machine.12773/page-5

Thanks Dale,

Those Speedhut gauges are gorgeous but a bit dear, as the Brits say!

I note that the gauge comes with its own temperature sensor and a programmable fuel gauge that would probably solve all my ongoing problems in those areas. I wonder how the GPS system works - hopefully you don't have to pay a monthly for it to function - pardon my ignorance on GPS ...

How many more oil changes and brake jobs do I have to do to save up enough money?

Cheers and Merry Christmas, Pavel

Now I don't feel so bad mangling my dash with a Dremel for heat/air conditioning vents. Yeah I cut into a classic truck's dash. And yeah the vents are plastic chrome. Sue me. But they blow cold air right in my face, and that makes it all OK (cue the Animals 'It's my life and I'll do I what I want')

View attachment 55802
That's a great idea and it looks like it is OEM if Willys were offered with AC.

Back