Anyone else have two extra aux gauges on a 1957-1965 truck or wagon?

No extra gauges on my 63 wagon. Duane love the steering collum mount.
That be my second proto type mount. The first version was bungee cords hanging from the framework above the windshield. It's adjustable as long as my knots don't clinch down too tight, while I figure out pedal configuration and what I need to do to clear the LSX going in where the 327 used to be. I will still do my usual stunt of fabricating it 3 times to get it right. HaHa

Duane

Here's the dash of an "original" 1962 wagon on Sacramento Craigslist:

00i0i_3LJuEF8Wcjt_1200x900.jpg

View attachment 37350

https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/6156655359.html
And has the very rare original radio. :cheers:

Yeah, this is my hypothesis as well. I love how the stock gauges look, but boy are they fragile. Plus the 1957 and onward speedo dropped two of the gauges. A warning light is far less useful than an actual (and working) gauge.

Dan
When i test run a motor, i have been known to hook up a mechanical Oil pressure gauge (50 yrs old), I take that more seriously than a new electric one.
diggerG

Neither my Wagon or Pickup have the extra gauges - both have the 230 and manufactured in '62.

6db0624b6d811f8331f197cf8e757d6d.jpg
Mine had a temp gauge on the left, I added an oil pressure on the right.60' pickup. L-226. The single gauge on the left jacked with my OCD symmetry.[emoji2]

Last edited:
Jeff,
Are those "Air Control", "Defrost" and "Vent? Control" knobs stock, or from a different vehicle?
I'm workiing on getting my 1950 dash more original. (as well as back to original seats, heater, etc. if anybody has any).

Also, with what motor are you getting 11.6 Mi/Gal? :)

My 2 Willys projects: http://www.airtanksforsale.com/Willys
wagon5.jpg

(Defrsot,
I added two.
8fc04fc32c773927b29fcb563a5e55c8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello Dan. I have a VDO Temperature Gauge and a VDO Oil Pressure Gauge for sale for $15.00 Each. Work great, they came out of my 37 Chevy Coupe Street Rod Recently. Pivnic

Last edited:
My 64 Traveler had 2 on the RIGHT side of the spedo, it was supposed to be part of the Border Patrol "package".

I just went out and looked the 2 extra gauges were on the right NOT left, sorry for the bad info.

I was told by a buddy of mine that drove them when he was stationed in Yuma with the US Border Patrol that was the way they came.

I swapped the kinda working Stewart Warner gauges for Autometer gauges.

Willys dash -01.JPG

Last edited:
My 64 Traveler had 2 on the left side of the spedo, it was supposed to be part of the Border Patrol "package".

I was told by a buddy of mine that drove them when he was stationed in Yuma with the US Border Patrol that was the way they came.
(Off-topic, sorry)
@64 Traveler, do you have a build thread somewhere? My Traveller may also be the Border Patrol version. The previous owner seemed to think so and does have the second gas tank. Unfortunately two previous owners “upgraded” the interior with some early 1980s velour and chrome, so the original seats and dash GSA plate is long gone.

Would love to see some pictures of your Traveller.

Back