pueblo west colorado
First Name
gordon
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Good day

When I got my FC150 it came with a box of parts including a pair of Selecto lockout hubs? Not sure if they are any good or how to service them. Also might consider new ones but not sure where and what to get? Thought these might help with the death wobble?

Thanks for any ideas and help

Gordon

Clean them up and put them on. see if they do work. If they do you are good to go. They are not hard to figure out.
diggerG

Clean out the bolt holes in your hubs, and put the snap rings on the ends. Check that they turn before you install. They may be gummed up with old grease. I think you have the hubs where you turn the whole outside "cup".
diggerG

They maybe nice to have, but help with "death wobble", not so much. There are many causes for "death wobble", but I would go through all of the steering components and wheel bearings before I spent time on the hubs. Look up DW on this site because it is a common problem with old 4X4s. Mark C

Mark is correct. Could be anything but locking hubs would be about last on the list.
diggerG

So the on going saga of my death wobble on my 57 FC 150, We have tried many things to correct this issue such as new tires, shocks, camber and the problem still persisted. Well my mechanic a few weeks ago installed a shimmy shock. And WOW, it drives great. It's now a pleasure to drive it around.

Gordon

Back