Trailer hitches

bill8929 - I called the Bass Pro in Rocklin and they said they don't sell campers. If you have any additional info on that particular model please post it. Thanks.

gpzkat,

I just installed the exact hitch to my 62, I think I am going to have problems getting the original tank back in. Where the hitch sits it is going to push the tank forward. What type of tank are you running, it looks aluminum?

UPDATE: I had tank clearance issues because of a moment of stupid (I suffer from that............a lot) Anyway, the hitch that gpzkat mentioned and provided a link for is reasonably priced, quality is great, and it can't be easier to install. Fits incredibly well on my 62 wagon.

Brett.

Last edited:
Getting ready to order the 37042 hitch that gpzcat used. What issue did you have and figure out with your gas tank? Our tank is original and hope the hitch clears it. Thanks

It is a non issue now, I tried to mount it too far forward, just bring it back and it fits like factory!!

B

Just finished installing the Reese hitch 37042 that gpzkay recommended and its a perfect fit. Didn't use the L brackets and drilled 2 holes in the hitch to line up with the existing bumper braces just as gpzkay did. Ordered a 10" ball mount to have a little more clearance between the ball and bumper. Very pleased with the outcome!
gHzNZbn.jpg

Great work you guys! Since my wagon is mostly “non-stock”and sits so low the hitch was a challenge. Started with a Reese hitch and only used the receiver piece welded to 2”sq x 1/4 tube with 1/2” flat bar ears that bolt to the frame w/grade 8 bolts. Fabricated 8” rise ball mount gets the ball to a useable height.
ae0ab4bc4c7ecd498ae7ef8271f60ed6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back