Thread: 1952 Willys Aero Wing

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Rick
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we got Little Wing running this week! Ran so-so but it ran. I actually drove it backward and forward about 30' (no brakes of coarse..) Changed out the ignition switch eliminating the Detroit hot wire that my buddy done to it.. Rebuilt the carb and it ran better. Adjusted the rocker arms so now it is not near as loud. Replaced the upper and lower radiator hoses so now we don't have antifreeze going everywhere. The oil is very clean so I dumped a can of Rislolne in it to help clean things up a little more. I want to get it nice and warmed up then change the oil to straight 30 weight with a zink additive. I am not sure if you gan get the correct radiator hoses for it or not but we made what I had on the shelf work pretty well. The bottom hose is a cut down version of a lower radiator hose for any 66-80's V8 AMC car (NAPA#7399). And the upper is a cut down version from a '50 Lincoln V8. (ROADMAX C0065)

Now I need to order a fuel pump for it. I ordered all of the brake stuff for it. Hopefully, it will all work!
    Last edited by SC/397; 02-17-2017 at 10:24 AM.

2. Likes Pete liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Rick
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a hub puller for the rear. I welded a hex nut on the inside that just happen to have the same thread as my cheapo vibration damper puller. It worked great!

4. Likes Pete liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    Year
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good job on the puller!
    Mike in Vista, CA

Sharpest-Tool
    First Name
    Jim
    Model
    Pickup
    Clarence,New York (western part near Buffalo)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to the world of F-161 motors,I have one I want to put in a '52 wagon but the oil pan has the large(sump) on the front end and hits the 2 wheel drive front axle...so looking for the right oil pan if anyone can help...thanks