Dec 2, 2016
Ventura,Ca.
First Name
KENNETH
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
Hello, I'm new to the FC hobby. I recently acquired a 58' FC that has the Mica brake lock system that I don't totally trust. The truck still has the E-brake cables up under the dash but it does not have the E-brake hand lever. If anyone has an extra one I'm in need.Thanks. kenpartney@sbcglobal.net.

I've got 2 FC's, must be a handle on at least 1 of them. I'll look, don't know if I can get to it before Xmas.
diggerG

Hello DiggerG, you made my day!!!! I am anxious to drive my FC, theres only one thing more important the bring able to drive it,, thats being able to stop it. I just crawled out from under the dash from reinstalling the master cylinder after rebuilding it. Hope I don't ever have to do that again!!!! Have a great Christmas. Ken

Ken
It's 3AM, 15 degrees out, so I walked out into the woods and looked over my FC150's. (It's dry now, snow tomorrow!) Both have the Ebrake handle. I pulled on 1 and it moved, and the lock button moved also. So it will work for you. Do you need the long cable off the handle also? Both are there. Still won't get to it after Xmas though. At least we know I have it.
Merry Christmas!
diggerG (Greg)

iggerG, your efforts are much appreciated. Mine has the cable intact. I will check to see what the handle attaches to??? 15 degrees!!!! Where are you?

SE Massachusetts, less than 2 miles from Gillette Stadium. I can hear the football games, and everything else too! Some pretty good free music!
diggerG

That is a beautiful area. When I was in the military I was stationed at the SEA BEE base Davisville Roade Island and got to explore the New England area. Except for the COLD I liked it there. I'm in So. Cal. now. It got cold here too, got down into the sixties,,, Brrrrrrrrrr.

Hello Greg, When it warms up and you can get out there can you take a picture of it before you take it out please. not having one I don't know how it mounts or what it mounts to, I see no bracket for it to mount to???? Thanks Ken

Ken,
On my 1960 FC-170:
The brake lever mounts to a bracket up under the dash. When sitting in the drivers seat, the bracket is to the right of the steering column and tucked up high under the dash. The pictures below are with the dash removed.

Mounting Bracket 1.jpg

Mounting Bracket 2.jpg

lever.jpg

I've found that just about any work on FCs that requires access to under the dash is much easier if you just pull the dash skirts, unscrew the dash and either lift it and tie it out of the way, or remove just the dash plate --leaving the cluster, the ignition and light switches and the vacuum wiper control "in place".

If you want to give this a try, remember to disconnect the battery.

Dash Plate Off.jpg

Dash 2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I appreciate you sharing this information, what I did would have been a lot easier from the top. Also, the pictures are a big help, I didn't even know what the brake handle looked like or how it mounted. Thanks and Merry Christmas,,, ken

Hello Greg, When it warms up and you can get out there can you take a picture of it before you take it out please. not having one I don't know how it mounts or what it mounts to, I see no bracket for it to mount to???? Thanks Ken
Here you go Ken hope it's clear enough.

Attachments

• MVC-030S.JPG
    MVC-030S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 21
Hello Greg, yes it does, thanks. I got to drive it to Christmas dinner, it was great.

Ken
i got the handle off. I'll pm you and we can work out the details
diggerg

Hello Greg, What I had said was , fifty is fine, I can send a check or paypal, I've only done paypal on ebay,,, Ken Partney 283 East Vince, Ventura, Ca. 93001

All you need to do is respond to the PM I sent you. To start I key on your name on the left of your post. Options come up, and hit private message. I'll send another.
diggerG

Back