Aug 27, 2016
Dixon Il.
First Name
Pat
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1965
Ok, maybe the pics added, I lost everything else. Anyway I made roller carts for all main parts, including body and frame.
As soon as springs dry I will install and hang Dana 44 and add shocks. Once that's done on to over hauling the front.
As previously noted Ii am still looking for one set of spring bushings. I was told that when Jeep went "wide track" on the FC they made a completely
different animal in this Dana 44. In fact these springs are metal to metal bushings, no rubber anywhere. The copper or bronze bushing is 2 1/2 long 1" around.
I have found nothing like that, Gladiator, Wagon, or otherwise.
The other bushing in the spring itself is a metal tube same size just thicker, also metal to metal.

I take a lots of pictures in case I forget how things are assembled. After all I turn 70 in March and the eyes and mind are what they used to be. I did upload a few, not sure if they took

BTY the Ford C4 has been put in the Jeep 4 banger (hurricane) many times. You have to have the manual valve body tranny, but it does do pretty well I am told. The FC is no race rig
for sure but the linkages on the entire thing needs some design work, that's why I am thinking an auto.

My FC has 11" brakes but I will be adding a duel master cyl. and power booster

Any ideas are welcome!
That's all for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 23
Lookin' good man! Subscribed, and can't wait for progress updates. I hope to start my own thread someday soon, just as soon as I actually do something with it:)

For the bushings I would try McMaster-Carr and see if a standard bronze bushing would work. I need to buy some for my FC170 but its only 15 degrees in the garage today, so it will need to wait for spring.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/122/1164/=15jf405

You will need to measure the ID, OD and length for the fit. I found out that the $7 I spent for the pilot bearing was $2 or $3 in their catalog.

Mark

Back