Apr 20, 2013
Cincinnati
First Name
Scott
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1953
I've been working with a group of fellow Willys fans on an Alaska trip. While we're not quite ready to launch the public website most of the details are at alaskaorrust.com but it isn't quite ready for official release.

In a nutshell 3 convoys departing late July 2017, from Philadelphia Cincinnati and the west coast. There are some slots available but I believe the Philadelphia convoy has reached capacity. We're not super picky about vehicles but we would prefer mostly original pre1970 and obviously Jeep.

Please message me your name and phone number if your interested. We are securing sponsors to help defray costs but realistically participants should assume their own budget. It's a one way ride and we have arranged discounted return transport for those not wanting to drive back.
50b91f203136b517753df86c7d4f17a6.jpg

We are also very interested in having some canadiens join us along the way! Finally we are looking for host stops along our various routes, but for now specifically Chicago Montana and all along the remainder of the trip.

1953 Wagon 4x4 fhead OD 6v

Its a great trip. I have done it 3 times. My grandfather, grandmother and uncle all worked on that project for the Utah Construction Company.

What are you needing for host stops? I'm in Northern Wyoming and might be able to help find something. 50 miles west is the East Gate of Yellowstone Park. Great scenery along the way! I'd love to go but my rig won't be done for a few years:D

This is on my bucket list to drive my 55 wagon to Alaska possibly towing a vintage travel trailer. Is this going to be a camping, motel, or combo trip? I would be very interested if my wagon is up to the trip in time. Where on the West coast is the starting place?

This will be epic Scott... Wish I could make it.

I moved your thread to the Events and Gatherings section...

Pete

Dave Eilers of eWillys is the west coast captain and contact d@ewillys.com

For host spots were just wanting to connect with as many folks as we can, also facilities for repairs, laundry, hot meals, internet etc

1953 Wagon 4x4 fhead OD 6v

This will be epic Scott... Wish I could make it.

I moved your thread to the Events and Gatherings section...

Pete

Pete could we please leave this in general forum for a bit? We're trying to recruit way stops and honestly I don't think anyone reads the events section, I use Tapatalk and can't even find that header...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott-

The thread is in both locations. There is a redirect in the general discussion that goes to the events section.

If central Idaho is on route, let me know, happy to host a stop.

Pete

I drove to Alaska from California in 1975 in a Toyota landcruiser with my best friend after we graduated High School. At that time the Alaskan Pipe line was being built, and the Alaskan Highway was all dirt, about 1500 miles of it. Now my best friend is gone but the memories will last my lifetime. It was what started my love of 4 wheeling.

This sounds like an epic event! Its something I would want to do for an upcoming year maybe. Please tell us more....Much more! Is there a website? What are the exact dates? A general description of the timeline/route?.......

Maybe I can help gather a crew from west coast to meet up with you at some point?

This sounds like an epic event! Its something I would want to do for an upcoming year maybe. Please tell us more....Much more! Is there a website? What are the exact dates? A general description of the timeline/route?.......

Maybe I can help gather a crew from west coast to meet up with you at some point?

Really the website is comprehensive, there has been allot of time and money spent getting us this far along. We have a good west coast contingent, led by dave eilers of eWillys.com, I have the Midwest departing from Cincinnati and bill Reiss of lime street carriage has the Philadelphia group. There are some really cool rigs rolling and we'll announce official overnight stops soon for those that are along the way.

I did post a general invite to this group and didn't have any takers serious to pay the 200 deposit; but once it was on Facebook we had plenty of interest. We reached capacity sometime ago and have a waitlist for last minute additions.

No one on the waitlist has a wagon or truck, so contact me for process if your serious. We might even create another slot for the right person/Willys.

Departing approx July 25 2017
8af46ee1c7b47ef478e88fe1549e9a82.jpg
6ee752aedfccb74623d49a49b67c6276.jpg

We have some great sponsors and will be hosting a fundraising booth at the Willys reunion May 19 in Columbus Indiana.

Trip tshirts printing now and will be available on the trip website.

Also we have had a few guys dropout, if any of you are serious and ready to go last week of July then get in touch for details also see www.alaskaorrust.com

Rebuilt motor, rebuilt 6v starter and generator, nos cloth wire harness, new gauges, nos distributor, scout pilot carb, nos exhaust manifold, repainted new hood and grill with original rechrome bars and hood ornament and finally the correct split windshield, almost time to roll www.alaskaorrust.com

T shirts available now

Departing July 21, if your along the route let us know

https://roadtrippers.com/trips/16851758?utm_source=safari&utm_campaign=trip_guide&utm_medium=ios

076ec7db46bce2afd31ab979299d953d.jpg
c660a407119a4950bec4ceb44575efb6.jpg

8604a35ec3c935a5cff66e9e89369f9d.jpg
98d79a38c1f99848d0bdb1d6a991f4f2.jpg

Some last minute drama after my new motor steering and suspension, looks like I need some rear end parts.

Might be easier to just find a whole rear end if anyone has a known good stock wagon one with 5.38 gears please let me know, I'll arrange transport

Back