Nov 17, 2016
US
First Name
John
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Recently bought a 62 Willy's truck when I brought it I seen patches around the windshield frame after removing the patches I realised that the patches where holding everything together so my question is does anyone know if the windshield frame from any other Jeep would work or am I better off bending new metal up and welding in

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The "trucks" don't technically have a windshield frame. Can you post a picture?

Yes I seen that after the patches were off sorry it took so long I've been out of town
37390708be4d5e58e07bfa37c9a0276d.jpg
c8ac2184295a9ee5d5edc5940fcf534f.jpg

I'm about to cut up a pickup. I can check if it has good sheet metal there. Where are you? I'm in the northeast.
diggerG

WOW! I would look for a different cab, or a donor that you can graft pieces from. What are your plans for the truck? Hunting/bush rig? Daily driver? Restoration?

I'm in pa and that would be great

Its going to be a restoration/daily driver

Ok thank you is the windshield in good shape

It's a 1 piece not broken. Can't say about blemishes. I may have a 2 piece in the barn...
diggerG

I took the roof off to fix the drip edge around the cab and the windshield frame the rest of the cab isn't bad but not perfect

It's a 1 piece not broken. Can't say about blemishes. I may have a 2 piece in the barn...
diggerG
I've got a 61 cab that I'm swapping out in the near future. The upper half is in way better shape then yours. You might be able to combine the two for one good one.

Back