My 1950 Jeepster restoration

I´m going to replace all Photobucket pics some day. I have almost 2000 pics in PB, so it takes some time...

BTW I can´t see my pics either...

I used english wheel and shrinker/stretcher to make thees parts, but curve that matches door was not possible with my tools, so I had to do three cuts. You can see them in that second lowest part...

If I had deeper shrinker, I could have made that upper part without weldings...

Dave, I now find that my computer is to old to download the most current Firfefox application, Maybe Santa will help me out, 15 years? is a long time for a computer to survive , Jim W.

Thank you so much for all the pics...it's helping me greatly.

I have trouble finding info on the jeepsters....low production and older owners not posting I guess.

Build coming along nicely :cheers:

I´ve done recently some interior jobs. Started with my Eagle Sport Wagon. And this week it was Jeepster-time.

Today I got drivers seat done... I used Ford Transit passenger seat foam, plywood and some black vinyl.

penkki_3.jpg

penkki_2.jpg

Attachments

• penkki_3.jpg
    penkki_3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7
  • penkki_2.jpg
    penkki_2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
I've been following your build....coming along great!

I have a question about your gas tank and hopefully you can help me out.

I know it's been a year, but do you remember how the fuel line to the pump was connected to the tank? Was it soldiered, screwed in, compression fitting...... Mine leaks at the tank real bad.

Thanks so much.tank.jpg

It was soldered to the tank. It needs huge soldering iron to give enough heat... If you have gas in your tank, it is not possible to use anykind of flame... :)

Back