Moab 2017 Info thread

Great seeing you all today. Not sure if you can tell, but I have a blast doing this. Thanks again to all my help, our sponsors and our venue.

Thanks Casey. How was the weather out there? What Trail did you all do on Saturday? So where are all your pictures? How did everything go with JP Magazine? Who got selected for a JP Story in their mag? Did you hear about all the Snow Colorado got on Thursday & Friday? Even if Floyd was done and everything else worked out good, I wouldn't have made the trip with all our snow going over the Great Divide with a Car Trailer in Tow! Not a good idea. I hope to see you all next Year. Pivnic

I'll have tons of pics later in the week when i return home. I'm sure others will post here soon too.

Traci from jp was great. I'll let her post who got the feature articles when they are made official.

Weather was good! You missed a good one. Lots and lots of compliments on the event this year. Even the worst complaints were compliments. Folks want it to be longer!!

I'll have tons of pics later in the week when i return home. I'm sure others will post here soon too. Traci from jp was great. I'll let her post who got the feature articles when they are made official. Weather was good! You missed a good one. Lots and lots of compliments on the event this year. Even the worst complaints were compliments. Folks want it to be longer!!

Hi Casey. I was thinking the Same Thing about making this Event Longer! A lot of people travel a long way to get there and a day or two longer Event would give you more time to enjoy Moab. Nice Job getting up Hell's Gate on Hell's Revenge! Did your heart skip a beat or two when your wagon slipped off the right side! I've seen YouTubes of vehicles mess up on this and Roll down the hill a ways. Not Good... Anxious to see your Pictures! Pivnic

This year's rally was the best yet! Hitting the road for home shortly, I'll post my photos tomorrow. I will also set up the photo dump link for the rally website slide show if you were there and want to share your photos.

Pete

I would vote for a longer event.
When my daughter and I were there in 2015, we stayed for a week and did eleven trails as well as Arches and a day trip down to Monument Valley. It was an awesome trip. The best vacation ever.
Some day . . .some day . . . I'll be able to bring the 3B. That will be doubly awesome.

It would be great to add a day or two. May be add a moderate trail one of the days for the people that would like to add a little spice to the adventure. Wish we could have made it this year, but my calendar will be marked for next year. We always have a great time. Great people and good food. With a little luck I will have the wagon done next year, if not I'll just have to bring the Commando again. See you in 363 days!!!

Terry

We Agree! 2 days in Moab UTah is not enough. The organizers of the event have always made it a week long trip. (9 days for me this year!) The tough part is keeping a large group happy for a long period of time. There are so many things to do in moab, and our group is getting more diverse. Different people possess different abilities and desires. Not everyone has the stomach for tough off road trails or potential body damage, Some want to look at holes in rocks and dinosaur tracks, some want to hike, some want easy back country dirt roads, or paved scenic loops.... In addition, there are liability and insurance issues (costs) and other permit fees involved with off roading as an organized group. Many of us have gotten together as friends and hit tougher trails in the past, but those interested are only a small number.

We will absolutely listen to any suggestions you all have for adding additional features to our event. Making it bigger badder better is what keeps me coming back. We always want to improve this event! Our goal is to keep our value and fun factor maxed out, while applying to the largest group of fun Willys fans as possible.

Don't forget about our pre event camping trip and post event gathering for next year. Since this was not actually part of the event, you will need to call me for more info. My # is in every single blast email I send out.

Last edited:
It was a BLAST in Moab Willys Rally 2017.

This was my first Rally and without my rig.

That being said, I was so pleased to meet and great such nice folks.

I also agree with the desire to have a few days longer event.

I'm thinking of next time to arrive on a Friday afternoon and checkout the following Friday morning.
The extra days will allow me time so that I may experience other areas.

May not work for others but time will tell.

Cheers, Thomas :cheers:

We have had a few attendees upload their pics and you can see them at the link below.

http://willysrally.com/page42/gallery16.php

If you attended and want to upload your pics, I sent an email with the needed links. You may see text that says php error...scroll down past that, fill in your info, make sure you insert the provided password and then use the button on the left to browse for your images you wish to upload. Select them and click upload. Remember, only image sizes below 1MB each will be accepted.

Hi Pete, is there is link or a spot for me to dump photos and videos? I have quite a few.
jimbo Cave Creek, AZ

It says my JPEG files are to big. I have the picture on my iPad. Using the select button at the bottom and then click done, shows to large even one picture at a time. I do have some good videos too as everyone drives out for the trail ride and again when returning.

It says my JPEG files are to big. I have the picture on my iPad. Using the select button at the bottom and then click done, shows to large even one picture at a time. I do have some good videos too as everyone drives out for the trail ride and again when returning.

Max file size is 1mb per image... if your images are larger you will need to reduce them first before uploading.

Pete

Back