Moab 2017 Info thread

Can you hear it?... Yep, that is MOAB calling your name. Registration deadline is May 1, what are you waiting for!

This year is going to be the biggest and best yet, don't miss it!

Here's a clip from a few years ago...
[video=youtube;55fH3sgO578]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55fH3sgO578&index=1&t=2s&list=PLg9JiekSBQc Dmt24N8XtORlHz3gBqp3MZ[/video]

Pete

I copied and pasted this from where was your Willys today.

Ouch, John, I've had cracked ribs also. Not fun at all. You heal up buddy, then you will feel better to work on Floyd.
Our weather has been changing a lot every couple days.

I'm not going to be road ready in three weeks so I'm throwing in the towel and saying I'm not going to Moab 2017. :mad::mad::mad:

I have to many thing that need to complete and not enough time. Cry, cry, crying.

RE: Summer off road outing. I'm interested. Please keep me in the loop. :cheers:

Were dropping out of the Moab road trip like flys. :(

Thomas

Can you hear it?... Yep, that is MOAB calling your name. Registration deadline is May 1, what are you waiting for!
This year is going to be the biggest and best yet, don't miss it!
Sadly, I'm going to have to miss this year. :(
Too many family obligations in May.
I will be going to the Mojave again this Fall though, taking our older daughter to Wasteland Weekend again.
If anybody cares, here's what it was like last year:
http://jeeps-folbots-etc.co.nf/vacations/2nd_GWexp/2nd_GWexp.html

And here's Moab 2015 for those who might be interested:
http://jeeps-folbots-etc.co.nf/vacations/Moab_2015/moab.html

Some of you may have "dropped like Flys" as stated avove which is very regrettable, but for those attending, dont fret...you won't be disappointed. We have an all time new high for our attendance of 62 people. Last year's record was 48. A majority of you will be first timers to our event and we are committed to make you want to make this one of your new yearly traditions, like so many of us have.

I can't wait to see you all there. For those that can't make it... you will be missed. We hope to see you next year.

Casey

Some of you may have "dropped like Flys" as stated avove which is very regrettable, but for those attending, dont fret...you won't be disappointed. We have an all time new high for our attendance of 62 people. Last year's record was 48. A majority of you will be first timers to our event and we are committed to make you want to make this one of your new yearly traditions, like so many of us have. I can't wait to see you all there. For those that can't make it... you will be missed. We hope to see you next year. Casey

Hi Casey. I gave it the Good Old "College Try", but too many things were happening and Floyd's Progress in getting ready for Moab kept slipping. The Weather hasn't helped either as Floyd is Outside at Alvin's Garage as Floyd doesn't fit in his Garage NO WAY. Yes, we tried everything to get him in there. Then the two Broken Ribs really put the damper on things. Take Lots of Pictures and make Lots of Posts when it's over. Oh, By the way... I will be cancelling my Reservation at Apache if anyone is interested. Take Care & Safe Travels Casey. Pivnic

John, If its OK with you...and it wont affect your refund at the apache, please wait a day and I'll put the word out for you over the blast email.

Call me asap please

714 four78 one867

In post #62 Dated 4/26/17, I stated that I was throwing in the towel as my Truck is not road ready yet. My to do list still has a few thing to complete.

I have a Motel room that I can't cancel. My bad when I booked the room online last November.
Read the fine print before clicking.

So I decided today to use the room and enjoy the weekend.
I'm going to drive my '14 Jeep GCS and have a good time come hell or high water.

Cheers, Thomas

Last edited:
Hello Pete,

I've just got to ask.

What is your plan, one Willys or Two in Moab?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OOPS. Forget the above please. I just saw your posting about family Willys status.

Last edited:
In post #62 Dated 4/26/17, I stated that I was throwing in the towel as my Truck is not road ready yet. My to do list still has a few thing to complete.

I have a Motel room that I can't cancel. My bad when I booked the room online last November.
Read the fine print before clicking.

So I decided today to use the room and enjoy the weekend.
I'm going to drive my '14 Jeep CCS and have a good time come hell or high water.

Cheers, Thomas

Thomas, glad you are going to attend anyway, you'll still have a blast. I'm sure there will be an open seat if you want to ride along with someone for the trail ride.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I've just got to ask.

What is your plan, one Willys or Two in Moab?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OOPS. Forget the above please. I just saw your posting about family Willys status.

Giving it the 'ol college try to get them both to Moab... Joseph's engine PCM should ship from Novak today, and Joseph is driving to the driveline shop (70 miles away) this afternoon to pick up the new driveline. Down to the wire to make sure it will be running right and highway worthy...
I still have a few odds and ends to take care of on my '60 wagon too, but it is running and ready for the most part.
I have the trailer reserved, just need to get everything packed up and ready to roll over the next few days.

Pete

Have a great time you guys. Wish I could be there.
Take lots of pics and vids so I can live this year vicariously.
Already looking forward to next year with high hopes.

Moab Rally 17

I'm checking the weather for this weekend in Moab. Looks like the nasty weather will have passed and a good weather weekend is in store. Yahoo!

Even though my 57 Truck is not road ready and not titled, licensed or registered it will be sitting in the garage waiting for my return next Tuesday. I think of her all the time and I know the day will come soon for the next chapter this early summer.

So happy that my local Forum friend Dan (Willy001) encouraged me to still attend the Rally.

See you all Friday afternoon. :)

Cheers, Thomas

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Left Wentzville Monday, stayed in Hays, Kansas last night. Drove to Eagle, Colorado today and will arrive Moab Tomorrow. Staying at the Apache Motel. Hope to spend a couple days site seeing as this is my first time out.
John G Herman
johnnygeep

Have fun everyone!!! Wish we could have made it again this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. Take and post lot's of pic's for the rest of us sitting at home.

Terry

We are on the road, will be in Moab around noon to gas up and then heading south into Canyonlands for a couple of days camping. Will be back in Moab Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Zax pizza for the meet and greet. Posting photos on instagram along the way, search for "oldwillysforum ".
b88e4e9ea16759c4e64868774f7a3187.jpg
bdffaffeb9fb428156863e26b8e47c88.jpg
d88f43482c1d45b9882a70cb7fab1afe.jpg

We have a grandson arriving with a due date of the 17th! Not knowing if my wife Marie could make the trip, i reserved a room with two double beds a couple of months back. Turns out she is not making the trip, so if a OWF friend needs a bed for a night or two, just track me down, I'm the guy on the Honda Goldwing.
Looking forward to seeing again, or meeting fellow members and admiring and photo shooting the inovation and hard work shown!
Jimbo

Made it to Moab, Joseph's wagon did the 650 miles without issue [emoji106]. Headed to Canyonlands Natl Park for a couple of days of camping with the Rally crew. See everyone on Friday!
37af74c942135ef108f1810b675ab330.jpg

Phew! Made it to Moab and am checked in at the Apache Motel. Since it's kind of rainy I'll probably just check out Moab as this is my first time here. If anyone else gets into town and want to link up my cell is 636-887-6812. Otherwise, see you all Friday.
John

Just got back from running the Chicken Loop trail. Very scenic and no problem, never locked in the front axle. But it was a bumpy ride! Between 70 year old suspension and a 60 year old butt I was glad to get back to the Apache! And, on the way back I developed the dreaded front end shimmy! That's new :( :confused:. I might try another trail tomorrow or maybe just do the scenic tourist route thru Arches.
John

Back