Thread: Moab 2017 Info thread

First Name
    Casey
    Year
    1948 1957
    Model
    Wagon Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like

We Agree! 2 days in Moab UTah is not enough. The organizers of the event have always made it a week long trip. (9 days for me this year!) The tough part is keeping a large group happy for a long period of time. There are so many things to do in moab, and our group is getting more diverse. Different people possess different abilities and desires. Not everyone has the stomach for tough off road trails or potential body damage, Some want to look at holes in rocks and dinosaur tracks, some want to hike, some want easy back country dirt roads, or paved scenic loops.... In addition, there are liability and insurance issues (costs) and other permit fees involved with off roading as an organized group. Many of us have gotten together as friends and hit tougher trails in the past, but those interested are only a small number.

We will absolutely listen to any suggestions you all have for adding additional features to our event. Making it bigger badder better is what keeps me coming back. We always want to improve this event! Our goal is to keep our value and fun factor maxed out, while applying to the largest group of fun Willys fans as possible.

Don't forget about our pre event camping trip and post event gathering for next year. Since this was not actually part of the event, you will need to call me for more info. My # is in every single blast email I send out.

Last edited by Dimmwatt; 05-24-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    Please come join us for the 9th annual Willys Moab Rally. www.willysrally.com Subscribe to email (copy paste to browser) : http://www.willysrally.com/subscribe/subscribe.html

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Steve
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from this event.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Thomas
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a BLAST in Moab Willys Rally 2017.

This was my first Rally and without my rig.

That being said, I was so pleased to meet and great such nice folks.

I also agree with the desire to have a few days longer event.

I'm thinking of next time to arrive on a Friday afternoon and checkout the following Friday morning.
    The extra days will allow me time so that I may experience other areas.

May not work for others but time will tell.

Cheers, Thomas

4. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    First Name
    Casey
    Year
    1948 1957
    Model
    Wagon Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have had a few attendees upload their pics and you can see them at the link below.

http://willysrally.com/page42/gallery16.php

If you attended and want to upload your pics, I sent an email with the needed links. You may see text that says php error...scroll down past that, fill in your info, make sure you insert the provided password and then use the button on the left to browse for your images you wish to upload. Select them and click upload. Remember, only image sizes below 1MB each will be accepted.
    Please come join us for the 9th annual Willys Moab Rally. www.willysrally.com Subscribe to email (copy paste to browser) : http://www.willysrally.com/subscribe/subscribe.html

6. Likes Lookout Ranch liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Jim
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pete, is there is link or a spot for me to dump photos and videos? I have quite a few.
    jimbo Cave Creek, AZ

First Name
    Pete
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Pete, is there is link or a spot for me to dump photos and videos? I have quite a few.
    jimbo Cave Creek, AZ

Jim,
    Here's the link to the photo upload page for the Willys Rally gallery: http://www.willysrally.com/photoupload/upload.php

This only works for photos...

Once the images have been approved, they will automatically go into the slide show on the Willys Rally gallery page: http://willysrally.com/page42/gallery16.php

Pete
    Founder of OldWillysForum.com
    My 1960 Willys Wagon Build Thread

9. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Jim
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    It says my JPEG files are to big. I have the picture on my iPad. Using the select button at the bottom and then click done, shows to large even one picture at a time. I do have some good videos too as everyone drives out for the trail ride and again when returning.

First Name
    Pete
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It says my JPEG files are to big. I have the picture on my iPad. Using the select button at the bottom and then click done, shows to large even one picture at a time. I do have some good videos too as everyone drives out for the trail ride and again when returning.
    Max file size is 1mb per image... if your images are larger you will need to reduce them first before uploading.

Pete
    Founder of OldWillysForum.com
    My 1960 Willys Wagon Build Thread