New Forum Sub-section, 'Jeep' Fleetvans!

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
I have opened a new sub-section of the forum for 'Jeep' Fleetvans.

Fleetvan.jpg

If you know of anyone with a Fleetvan, let them know and spread the word!

Pete

i tried to get my dad to buy one a few years back. i just keep waiting for one at the right time and the right $$$.

Thank You This will be of value to anyone with one of these little guys, like me

Looking forward to seeing your posts. You should start a new build thread about your fleetvan with pics... :cheers:

Pete

My front piece looks a little better than that, not much. How do you clean/fix those old pieces? I am not needing perfect but I would like it to be presentable.

Those little dark spots are rust and mine is pitted some. If I can find someone to re-chrome it I think that would be the answer. I live in the boonies and know of no one so if ya'll have a person let me know.

For $2.24 I'll try a bottle, worse case it doesn't help but it will help my wheels so no loss.
Thank You

re-chrome is a great option. as i said i like the turtle wax stuff, and have been able to get small issues on chrome worked out. but for heavy pitting/rust issues it wont take care of them all the way. i could be crazy but it seems to make them a bit smaller.

I have the last bottle wallie world had on the shelf. It is worth a try and I know it will help my wheels when I get to them.
Thank You

My emblem was in very similar poor condition. I used a Dremel tool with various sized micro bits and sanders to ground out and clean up all the rusted pits. Then I filled all the holes in the flat areas with little balls of moldable epoxy putty. Then resanded and refilled multiple times until mostly smooth. The pits in the upper grid area weren't as easily fixable so I just ground out but didn't fill them. I sprayed everything with chrome-ish paint, then masked off the individual letters and border with painters tape and resprayed with black paint. Finally, I top coated the entire emblem with clear coat. It's not perfect but after lots of hours of work it looks MUCH better.

11082269_852952931433764_8773270740788568833_o.jpg

It looks better than a lot of 50+ year old people. Just shows what time and patience will provide

Back