Aug 9, 2016
NC
First Name
Travis
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. Other
I am looking for a Willys pickup. So I binged Willys pickups for sale and found this beauty.

http://lubbocktx.global-free-classified-ads.com/listings/1-56-jeep-willys-4x4-pickup-it6394329.html

3125540.jpg

I emailed through the host web page that I had never heard of before. It took several days but this is the reply I got.

Hello,
the jeep is still available. Let me know if you are still interested. I have attached more pictures to see the condition of the jeep.

I received several pictures. So I e mailed back that I wouuld like to speak with him and gave him my phone number for the second time. Here is his reply

Hi "Travis",
I’m working overseas with my project Unicef and the jeep is located in Portland, OR.

my e mail back was

Hey Mr xxxxxxx

The listing I saw said it was located in Lubbock, Texas. Do you have someone local in Oregon who is handling the sale for you that I could talk to if you are not available?

thank you

I received this back today about 3 days after my latest e mail to him.

I arranged for the sale with Global Express Shipping (www.global-express-shipping.com), in the most safe and easiest way possible for both of us. Basically, it's similar to buying a jeep locally. You will have seven days right after the delivery has been made to make sure everything is in order with the jeep. If you decide to keep the jeep, you will have to contact them and they will release the funds into my bank account.
You will get the bill of sale, contract, receipt, transaction invoice and the tracking number to check online the status of our transaction.
To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company website: www.global-express-shipping.com
Best regards and hopefully we can do a smooth deal.

So - any chance this is not a scam ?
:rolleyes:

SCAM!

The way the AD is written with misspelled words.....how sellers response is written, (you send money here likely a Dummy corporation, they send it to me overseas ......no way to find or track me down ......i get money and disappear along with the ad for the truck!)
the truck is supposedly in two conflicting locations, the truck is being sold through third party broker with the owner conveniently overseas with no phone number or direct email
all of this screams ......SCAM!!
was i you i would keep steppin, not look back and forget you saw this Ad and warn others you know bout it so they dont get taken!

i would then start looking on Montana Overland.com Ewillys.com willystruck.com Ebay and C.L and other known reputable sites for a project truck running or not
maybe you find one locally or close enough drive you can go see in person

but for the purposes of this Ad......Stay Away.......Far Away!!

Larry

My rules. Meet the seller and speak face to face. Put your hand (and magnet) on the vehicle. Deal or no deal.

Run. Find one locally. They are out there. Good luck with you're search.

They may be but they are like finding hens teeth. I saw an ad for one that looked beat to hell on CL day before yesterday that was about a 4 hour drive from me - guy finally called me back about noon yesterday - it had been sold. Saw this one on another web site which is about a 3-4 hour drive from me - never did get a response and think it was also a scam. Anyone see one of these before ?

7929627.jpg

Run away.
Run away.
Stick to eWillys and the forums.
eBay is borderline dangerous.
A "host web page that I had never heard of" is definitely not safe.
Run Away.

They may be but they are like finding hens teeth. I saw an ad for one that looked beat to hell on CL day before yesterday that was about a 4 hour drive from me - guy finally called me back about noon yesterday - it had been sold. Saw this one on another web site which is about a 3-4 hour drive from me - never did get a response and think it was also a scam. Anyone see one of these before ?

7929627.jpg

That is a factory model called a Tender or a home-built copy of one. They were primarily sold overseas, in Israel I believe.

http://www.ewillys.com/tag/tender/

I had never heard of them before. I see the third one down on your link is the one which pictures are being used for the scam.

Tell him you have an old college roommate that lives in Portland and would like to inspect it for you. Then watch him come up with a reason why that is not possible.

Sent from my iPad

While looking around on Craigslist I once saw a picture of my wagon for sale in Nevada. Wagon was actually in California about 250 miles away. When I answered the ad, $500 would have held it for me until I was able to pick it up and this guy was selling it for someone stationed overseas in the Air Force. Watch out for scammers.

I am trying to sell several things on Craigslist. It used to work very well, and I've met many wonderful people buying/selling cars, boats and motorcycles that way.
Then came the Nigerians. Every time I post an ad, it gets scammed by someone from over there. How do I know? I play along until I tell them that they really suck at scamming, and how's the weather in Nigeria? I usually get a funny reply, admitting to the scam. It's sad, and they are in dire straits over there, but it is a drag to have CL become less and less useful. Anybody have an alternative?
John

Back