Sep 20, 2009
Redding, CA
First Name
**Steve E.**
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
My name is Steve Elkins. I have owned my Willys Wagon since 1976. When I bought it, I didn't know what I was getting into. The more I learned about all Willys vehicles, the more I liked them. I now own Willys Wagons, CJ's, Jeepsters, and Forward Control Trucks. Of all the vehicles I've owned, I like the usefulness and utility of a Willys Wagon. I'm looking forward to learn more about Willys vehicles on this website, and to learn more about what others are doing with their rigs. I also like to give my opinions to newer Willys owners.

Parts swapping is also an advantage of a forum like this. But it can be frustrating at times because it's not cost effective to ship heavy items. The World Wide Web has made it easy for us to communicate with each other, but we still have to figure out how to make the exchange.

I tried to post a Wagon photo, but I failed and lost everything. I like to see photos of other Wagons out there. I can't share my photos until I figure out how to resize and post photos.

Willys57 said:
My name is Steve Elkins. I have owned my Willys Wagon since 1976. When I bought it, I didn't know what I was getting into. The more I learned about all Willys vehicles, the more I liked them. I now own Willys Wagons, CJ's, Jeepsters, and Forward Control Trucks. Of all the vehicles I've owned, I like the usefulness and utility of a Willys Wagon. I'm looking forward to learn more about Willys vehicles on this website, and to learn more about what others are doing with their rigs. I also like to give my opinions to newer Willys owners.

Parts swapping is also an advantage of a forum like this. But it can be frustrating at times because it's not cost effective to ship heavy items. The World Wide Web has made it easy for us to communicate with each other, but we still have to figure out how to make the exchange.

I tried to post a Wagon photo, but I failed and lost everything. I like to see photos of other Wagons out there. I can't share my photos until I figure out how to resize and post photos.

Hi Steve-

You are right, it's amazing how the web has made putting together like minded folks so easy, which is one of the reasons for this new forum too...

I've made some changes to the forum since your intro post, and putting images into your gallery should be a bit easier now. If you still have problems getting the photos up, you can e-mail them to me and I can put them up for you...

Pete

Willys57 said:
My name is Steve Elkins.

Hey Steve where did you go???? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Just one try......bet you had to try more than just once to get your first kiss :p :p :p ...I'd like to see some of those photos

@Willys57 - here's a thread that may interest you:

My memory is a bit rusty, but here’s one of @Willys57 turquoise blue CJ5 en route to Willys America:

index.php

@Willys57 is member #14! Pretty cool.

You can find your number, not that it really matters.. click on your profile name, then click on the name again, if you read out your web address the number at the end should be the number in which your user name was assigned.

The 2009 original post stood out to me...

Back