First Name
Kevin
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
[attachment=1:jttcqrva]DSCN1447.jpg[/attachment:jttcqrva]
[attachment=0:jttcqrva]DSCN1448.jpg[/attachment:jttcqrva]
Found this on craigslist...Dana 300 Twin Stick hooked to a 700R4 (rebuilt never used yet) behind a SBC 5.7 TBI w/wire harness, no computer...if it all run's, I hit a home run...paid $950...if it does not work out, I have an expensive anchor and no boat. All this will power Dana 44's (3.07 ratio) I hope...
Hope all had a great Christmas..."Happy New Year Willys Owners"

Attachments

• DSCN1447.jpg
    DSCN1447.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCN1448.jpg
    DSCN1448.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 237
Kevin I'll swap a boat for that overdrive!! I've got 4. Try to get vin #s off donor vehicle to get the right computer so it will match motor and trans. Good looking set up. Chuck

Sorry rcshook 696, no space here for a boat...been there, done that and got my t-shirt.
Here is what I got in my '62 Willys Wagon so far... $2,300 Purchased Price, $950 Motor/Trans/ Transfer Case, $500 (2) New Quarters, $350 Dana 44 Axles, $325 Calipers, Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Brake Cylinders, Misc. Needed Stuff $25.00 =
Sub Total $4,450
Can I do this for under $8,000? I will skimp on everything but reliability and safety! Time will tell...
She's becoming an expensive date....and we are only dating....no love for the old girl yet.

Hee heeee!
OlllO, you have no idea what you just did for my morning attitude. :) I've owned my current Willys wagon for 13 years now. I have at least 10K in to it (I quit counting after I hit 4K ;) ) and it's no where close to being restored. And now it's torn apart again awaiting an engine rebuild. If all goes like I think it will, I MIGHT have her back on the road before NEXT winter comes. :lol: Be patient and Good luck with that computer hook up.
Steve

Kevin , you are way ahead of me. Got garage cleaned out. Got rail buggy in to weld suspension, then had to reroof my other house. That took a Big bite out of my Willys money. Hopefully I'll be done with roof today and get welding done also so I can get my baby out of the rain. I see you've got a good start on the brakes. Have you thought on anything for power brakes. I'm very curious on the power brakes, exspecialy with the V8. I may end up going that route. I have a rolling chasis and drivetrain from a 90 k 2500 chevy. 5.7 w/automatic. Not sure what numbers on trans or transfer case are. I'm like you. I will not skimp on safety and reliabilty. I hope no one else does either.. Chuck

Well, I have been cringing every time I think about what dollar amount I am going to end up having in my wagon. After you guys throwing numbers out there I don't feel so bad, I am in good company. I have been lucky and had a few toys that were pretty much drivers when I got them so I didn't HAVE to spend too much ( still did sometime but didn't have to). I think the wagon might end up costing me the most out of all of them. I'm in it for around $4000 right now as well so I guess I am right on track - can't drive mine yet either... :cheers:

thanks for making me feel better though :thumbup:

Today I found used '95 Wrangler leaf springs (44") that had a 2" leaf lift stiffener (added leaf) with 4 new Nitro shocks and steering stabilizer...($180) I need to purchase my brackets to attach these to my frame yet...before that happens the Wagon goes into day surgery to remove all the old unwanted mess.
Today's Sub Total $4,695 ($65.00 Misc. + $180) This total will not include my time or gas chasing parts.
And if I continue making you guys "feel good" expect my doctoring bill in the mail...OK I won't bill you if you don't tell my wife...
I will post some pictures soon.

Good find on the drive train. See if you can get a harness at a salvage yard for the engine and the dash, so the gages etc can be wired easily. My 4L80E needed power to control the shifting and overdrive. If you want to simplify the engine & emissions controls you can get the computer reprogrammed. http://www.obd-2.com/hist.htm This is a good web site for info on vehicle computer controls. There is probably someone in your area that can do it. Cost about $100 or so, and they can adjust engine to your liking.

62 OlllO said:
[attachment=1:14zqqbre]DSCN1447.jpg[/attachment:14zqqbre]
[attachment=0:14zqqbre]DSCN1448.jpg[/attachment:14zqqbre]
Found this on craigslist...Dana 300 Twin Stick hooked to a 700R4 (rebuilt never used yet) behind a SBC 5.7 TBI w/wire harness, no computer...if it all run's, I hit a home run...paid $950...if it does not work out, I have an expensive anchor and no boat. All this will power Dana 44's (3.07 ratio) I hope...
Hope all had a great Christmas..."Happy New Year Willys Owners"

Sounds like you're headed in the right dirrection with the 350/700/44's, it's a great combo. I was figuring your final drive combo, with the .7 overdrive and 3:07's you be around 2.30. Have you given any thought to regearing the 44's from 3:07 to 3:92 or 4:11?

As of today, it looks as if the front leaf springs are shot....so back to the Research & Development Department...or ask the wife for some money for new ones :D Time is running to fast for me and I'm has slow as..............you pick it.....I'm slow. Moab is getting closer as well. The way things are going lately, I better shoot some lube in the cylinders and hand turn the engine over I hope.
[attachment=0:2zkjgj8d]Engine Mount 012.jpg[/attachment:2zkjgj8d]
See the slight "S" in the spring near the mount?

Attachments

• Engine Mount 012.jpg
    Engine Mount 012.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 39
:eek: :!: Read how excited I was for this find....engine turns out to be junk!

Back