Aug 8, 2017
Gilroy ,Ca
First Name
Ken
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
anybody else getting file to large ? Tried using the attach files button and the picture icon next to the happy face . Both try to load but says files are to large. Never had an issue prior to forum download. Using pics from iPhone thx ken

Dan

After you resize - I went to about 30% then click on view pic. Then I just pressed on the pic and up pops save so I click on that. Same as I do when I save a pic someone texted me . It takes a bit of work resizing each pic but it works . Ken

Yes, i too was unable to post pics to the new forum ....whereas before old forum was no problem....so now i have to go to each frucking pic i want to upload then open ACDSee on the computer and resize pixel height and width and changing aspect ratio then save after each change and close and reopen for change to take effect then i can post those particular pics i resized.......we should not have to go through this for image uploading....major PITA .... leads me to believe that something in the changeover has decreased the file size limit on new forum ....if we knew exactly what that max limit was you could then auto size all given pics in a folder at once instead of individually. this is my only complaint so far .....everything else seems to be working fine.

Larry

I tweeked a few more settings somewhere deep down in the bowels of the forum software. You should be able to upload pics from your phone without the "image too large" error message.

This image below is a 4.1 MB image, uploaded without any resizing. Large images like this take a long time to upload, take up more storage space, and slow the forum down. It is a better practice to resize your images before posting them, but you should now be able to upload either way.

IMG_3329.JPG

For comparison, here's the same image reduced to 245 kb. It's a fraction of the size, and the clarity isn't quite as good as the full size image, but at a glance, and at the size displayed on the forum, the difference isn't significant.
littlefallcr03.jpg

Give posting an image another try here in the test forum, and let me know if you are still getting the error.

Well that certainly works better, Thank you sir. Oh, and by the way, this is an ocean sheephead fish. killer chompers.
37340893_10216796653778056_975844237830520832_n.jpg

Well that certainly works better, Thank you sir. Oh, and by the way, this is an ocean sheephead fish. killer chompers.
That can't be unseen... fish aren't supposed to need braces... :oops:

Pete

Back